Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally, I currently use 64bit Windows 7, Ubuntu 10.10, Linux Mint 11, and 32bit Windows 7 Starter. Which OS do you guys prefer?

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! I personally love the latest version of Windows. It has its poor moments that make me want to rip it out of my HDD at times, but I always forgive it xD What 4 laptops do you have?

·
Android Apprentice
29 Posts
My Desktop has Win7 Ultimate 32bit and my Laptop has WinXP tablet and Ubuntu 10.04LTS 64bit. I've been using my laptop a lot more lately and I don't think it's let it boot into XP in 2 weeks.

·
THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN ANDROID
223 Posts
currently Windows 7 64 Premium... but trying to get Ubuntu installed on this damn laptop so I can dual boot and build things from source a lot easier... but my laptop does not comply

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hah! Try out Linux Mint's latest too! It uses Ubuntu as a base, but is a lot cooler to me. =) Dual booting is evil and hateful to set up. -.-

·
Dirtbag and a jerk!
262 Posts
Windows 7 x64 Professional on my Desktop and my laptop and i run Ubuntu 11.04 in virtualbox in seamless mode on my desktop.

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I admit, the process is simple, but I've had some bad mojo with dual booting in the last week. And never install a W7 Service Pack without expecting hell. =(

·
Android Lover
148 Posts
I haven't used Ubuntu since my old laptop took a shit and I just completely wiped Windows and put Ubuntu on it.. now I'm on W7 and trying to figure out if I want to try dual-booting 11.04 or Mint.

·
O_o
1,395 Posts
All of them. OSX 10.6 on my MacBook Pro and Mac Mini. Windows 7 on my main desktop. Ubuntu on my cheapo laptop. The Ubuntu changes all the time though, I format that poor bastard regularly and change distros for fun lol

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
gardobus said:
The Ubuntu changes all the time though, I format that poor bastard regularly
Sounds like me before i got around to Gentoo..... mine was from screwing something up though lol

·
O_o
1,395 Posts
I'm too lazy for gentoo especially since my linux comp is my low-spec laptop. I rarely use it since the MacBook is faster.

·
Android Lover
148 Posts
Just installed Ubuntu 11.04 through VM on Windows.. but Ubuntu doesn't seem to fill out the whole screen on the VM it's weird.. any suggestions?

·
Android Lover
148 Posts
To clarify it's like there's a black chunk then my virtual box with Ubuntu and then a black chunk..

sooo

|---|------|---|

Black-Ubuntu-Black

·
Average Android
122 Posts
MacBook Pro with OSX 10.6/LinuxMint 10 (11 wouldn't work)
Custom tower: Win7 64bit/LinuxMint 11
Old Vaio laptop: LinuxMint 11

Sent from my Incredible 2

1 - 20 of 62 Posts