Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to switch from iPhone to droid. I have at&t, and need to keep at&t b/c of family plan and unlimited data contract. I was wondering what phone would be good to get that will allow me to fully unlock it, and have lots of functionality.

I use my iPhone as an ipod alot... in the car, at work, at home.. pretty much everywhere. Do any of the Droid phones compare? My old carpool buddy had a droid and it sucked as an mp3 player.. I think it was the hardware that made it sound like crap. This was no bueno.

I saw the Atrix today at at&t but the screen was pretty small compare to the others. Not a huge deal but if another phone compares with a larger screen, why not?

I also looked at the LG Thrill. The 3d was pretty cool. It was kinda trippy but cool once you get used to it. I figured as many Ds as you can get, the better.. right? I didn't find much on here as far as this phone goes.

so my question, which phone to get. Keep in mind, i would like to learn to dev for droid, want to keep the phone for a while, like music alot.

thanks in advance

·
Average Android
206 Posts
If you switch from an iPhone to android, you wont have unlimited data I don't think. Im pretty sure its 2 different types of internet. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Wyman881 said:
If you switch from an iPhone to android, you wont have unlimited data I don't think. Im pretty sure its 2 different types of internet. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...
This has been changed. I switched from iPhone 3s to Dell Streak 9 months ago, and they maintained my unlimited data plan. The rep said they had merged the two systems.

·
Android Apprentice
118 Posts
I like my inspire, but I would wait for some better LTE devices now that they've flipped the switch to ON. Couldn't recommend any off of the top of my head, however.

Also, as far as music goes, I would upload everything to Google Music and stream from there, especially since you do have the unlimited data. It's what I do, and so far it hasn't failed me. It adds the benefit of having an 8GB stock card not filling up with music (and then not having room for apps and what have you)

Just my .02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts