Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Android Lover
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my bionic for a week now and all the rumors going around about the prime is making me wonder.... should I keep it?
I like this phone I have a ton of accesories(free) and, im kind of digging the 4g and the free football. but the sceeen ..although nice outside leaves me.... wanting more. Has anyone had experience with the super amoled screen? it seems to be "richer " then bionic. if only I could get a ninety day extention!
In Conclusion the selling point for me is which will have the most and the best support from the developers, and community which will benifit me/the phone the most? being that I plan to root. This is the #1 must have with the device choose.

BTW: does samesung release a sbf/or something of the sort like motorola does to "unbrick your phone"?

·
Android Lover
365 Posts
Save up and buy both....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
THEMER
354 Posts
I THINK the Prime will get more Devs and support just because its a Nexus and the Bionics bootloader havent even been cracked yet. If the Prime is as nice as Epic touch 4G then you can count on alot of Bionic owner to jump ship including me.... cant wait for that Sucker to get released!

·
Warning: Low Battery
529 Posts
chefb said:
Do you think bionic will get ice cream sandwich,or be capatable?
Considering CVPCS got Cm7 booted in 48 hours, I'm very confident we'll see ICS at least in a 2nd-init flavor.

As for me, the fact that the next nexus is sAMOLED+ I prefer the Bionic. Unless the next Nexus has a lot more going for it, that the Bionic can't do with an ICS port, it may sway me to try to make a switch regardless of screen type.

·
Average Android
246 Posts
I will be amazed if the Bionic does not get an official ICS update. Have there been any phone out that have not at least received one version of an update? After a couple weeks now the screen does not bother me anymore (coming from the DX) Plus the low battery use and outdoor viewing is a HUGE plus to me with the screen now.

·
Android Lover
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im leaning to just keep the phone......I just wonder or im curious to see if the development will be as intense? Im past the screen.....something in the back of my mind says what if.....?

·
Average Android
246 Posts
As for development in just 3 short weeks we already have an awesome ROM in Unl3ash3d and Team Liberty is not going to be far behind. I am sure since CM7 has booted that we will see that as well. I am not sure which one will see more at this time. But I think we will have plenty of development for the Bionic.

·
Average Android
192 Posts
If the prime is unlocked.....the prime....actually it will probably be the prime anyway as Samsung typically releases source code and stuff

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
106 Posts
kevmueller said:
I will be amazed if the Bionic does not get an official ICS update. Have there been any phone out that have not at least received one version of an update?
I'll be very surprised if the bionic DOES get an official ICS update. I'm sure there will be a port of some form or fashion.

but the biggest difference with ICS (and phones developed with it in mind) is that there are no bottons. no home, back, menu, etc. (not even capacitive ones) its similar to honeycomb in that way.

that's not to say that having buttons doesn't allow ICS to be run on a phone. I just don't think that any phones with buttons will get an OFFICAL update.

that's my 2 cents at least :)

·
Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine
2,243 Posts
tifford said:
I'll be very surprised if the bionic DOES get an official ICS update. I'm sure there will be a port of some form or fashion.

but the biggest difference with ICS (and phones developed with it in mind) is that there are no bottons. no home, back, menu, etc. (not even capacitive ones) its similar to honeycomb in that way.

that's not to say that having buttons doesn't allow ICS to be run on a phone. I just don't think that any phones with buttons will get an OFFICAL update.

that's my 2 cents at least :)
Google has said that ICS will be compatible with most handsets that can run GB. Just because it supports no physical keys doesn't mean it has be without them. And with Moto and Verizon keeping updates flowing until the 12-18 month mark, especially on their top tier phones, I would almost guarantee the Bionic sees some sort of official ICS release.

As for which device, that depends on whether or not the "prime" is a nexus line or dev device and is unlocked or not. Both will have huge developer followings but I think the "prime" will be bigger if unlocked. That said there has always been the Moto devs that are loyal and the support will likely remain there, even if it is somewhat reduced when the "next big thing" drops.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

·
Android Lover
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im not even rooted yet...and im worring how much action this device will get!....its just 2yrs untill i can get something new I hope this will be relevent for at least a year!

·
Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine
2,243 Posts
Considering the Droid X is still relevant and getting updates after EOL and there is still active development on it, I figure this one will take the X's place in the Motorola developer portfolio. The Motorola droid progression for top priority development has been the Droid 1, then the Droid X and now the Bionic. All the others in-between have some dev support, but these are the key players. Considering there are still devs putting out new stuff for the D1, I think you will be safe. I don't think the Bionic will fall to the "when we feel like it" box like the Droid 2 (and D2G) and the Droid X2. While those devices have a small following, it is nothing like the big 3, the OG, the X and the Bionic.

·
Android Lover
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
indeed ..I just updated my rsd lite and a preparing to root in a week or so.... i was just considering the time frame to bail out. This thread is helping me make that decision.Some one metioned that samsung released sorce codes....does moto do that?

·
Average Android
155 Posts
Bionic. love everthing about it. I love the design and even the pentile screen. Plus we have liberty and theory already on board. Heard fab might be on his way. and its only been less then a month. cant wait to see what's in the future for this phone.

·
Average Android
155 Posts
"abqnm said:
Considering the Droid X is still relevant and getting updates after EOL and there is still active development on it, I figure this one will take the X's place in the Motorola developer portfolio. The Motorola droid progression for top priority development has been the Droid 1, then the Droid X and now the Bionic. All the others in-between have some dev support, but these are the key players. Considering there are still devs putting out new stuff for the D1, I think you will be safe. I don't think the Bionic will fall to the "when we feel like it" box like the Droid 2 (and D2G) and the Droid X2. While those devices have a small following, it is nothing like the big 3, the OG, the X and the Bionic.
Agreed. and moto have the easiest method to unbrick. RSD lite!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts