Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
467 Posts
idkwhothatis123 said:
Nothing against htc but I concur. Gotta have google experience devices.
Well with HTC you can have the nest of both worlds... load up cyanogen... or use a nice bamf rom... either way.. :)
 

·
Developer
Joined
·
380 Posts
I'll have one, but what am i going to port? Sense 2.1? Blur? Maybe that thing LG calls a UI. :)

Sent from my WP7 with iOS 5.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
76 Posts
Bateluer said:
After my experiences with HTC Sense on the T-bolt, I think I'm going to pass on the Vigor/T-Bolt 2. Its the ICS Nexus I'm interested in.
I'm wavering between the Vigor and the Nexus. Heard there was going to be a delay I'm the launch of the Nexus because TI delayed the processor. The Vigor is going to be very close to even spec wise to the Nexus, so I'm thinking about picking one up to give it a shot.

Anyone heard if HTC is unlocking the bootloader on this one out of the box?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
26 Posts
msjohnson2868 said:
I'm wavering between the Vigor and the Nexus. Heard there was going to be a delay I'm the launch of the Nexus because TI delayed the processor. The Vigor is going to be very close to even spec wise to the Nexus, so I'm thinking about picking one up to give it a shot.

Anyone heard if HTC is unlocking the bootloader on this one out of the box?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Yeah most likely the Nexus will come out a month or so ATER ICS gets revealed. That's what the trend has been like with previous Nexus devices if I recall correctly. That's of course without the delay you speak of because of the chipsets. The Vigor will most likely have identical specs as the Nexus. The only thing Nexus will have on the Vigor is the CPU will be newer (if HTC is sitll using the A8) which is the only downfall of the Vigor but not a big deal IMO. I think we've got a good shot with HTC doing an OEM unlock out the box. But in the end it's all up to Verizon.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
76 Posts
Borgey said:
Yeah most likely the Nexus will come out a month or so ATER ICS gets revealed. That's what the trend has been like with previous Nexus devices if I recall correctly. That's of course without the delay you speak of because of the chipsets. The Vigor will most likely have identical specs as the Nexus. The only thing Nexus will have on the Vigor is the CPU will be newer (if HTC is sitll using the A8) which is the only downfall of the Vigor but not a big deal IMO. I think we've got a good shot with HTC doing an OEM unlock out the box. But in the end it's all up to Verizon.
CPU being newer isn't a deal breaker to me. The quad cores are going to be out next year anyway, and we'll all be wanting one of those then. :)

I've been a moto guy for the last few devices, but have always loved the HTC. Think I'm going to give it a shot this time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 

·
Idratherberiding
Joined
·
269 Posts
I am definitely getting one. I have two upgrades coming up and my trusty Incredible has been good to me. The HD is definitely worthy to upgrade for.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
33 Posts
Borgey said:
Yeah most likely the Nexus will come out a month or so ATER ICS gets revealed. That's what the trend has been like with previous Nexus devices if I recall correctly. That's of course without the delay you speak of because of the chipsets. The Vigor will most likely have identical specs as the Nexus. The only thing Nexus will have on the Vigor is the CPU will be newer (if HTC is sitll using the A8) which is the only downfall of the Vigor but not a big deal IMO. I think we've got a good shot with HTC doing an OEM unlock out the box. But in the end it's all up to Verizon.
Even if they don't unlock it out of the box, wasn't the tbolt unlocked by the community in like 3 days?

Totally getting this phone!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
467 Posts
msjohnson2868 said:
I'm wavering between the Vigor and the Nexus. Heard there was going to be a delay I'm the launch of the Nexus because TI delayed the processor. The Vigor is going to be very close to even spec wise to the Nexus, so I'm thinking about picking one up to give it a shot.

Anyone heard if HTC is unlocking the bootloader on this one out of the box?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
HTC has said they will not be selling them unlocked out of the box, but you can use their dev tools to unlock it after purchase. (of course voiding the warranty)
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
76 Posts
R1Lover said:
HTC has said they will not be selling them unlocked out of the box, but you can use their dev tools to unlock it after purchase. (of course voiding the warranty)
Very cool.

Anyone know if this phone is going to be supporting NFC? I don't recall seeing anything about that in the specs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
60 Posts
I absolutely love my thunderbolt. Its been my second love after I left my nexus one... I loved that phone more than anything. The thunderbolt on my custom cm7 is absolutely amazing, I would only leave it for a sensation looking phone on Verizon. I'm not a fan of the black, I love the grey aluminum look of the thunderbolt and n1. If the vigor is black, I might hold off on it, if its sexy like the thunderbolt I will steal my wife's update in November lol.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
198 Posts
7h3.4pp12en7ic3 said:
I definitely want one. How do you guys manage getting new phones before your contract? Buy on eBay and suck up the cost?
you can sometimes get an early upgrade,,,they give you the discount price but tack on 20 bux...ask your local vz store if you can get it or not
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
188 Posts
really debating between this and the Prime...gonna wait and see what the community does with both phones...
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
5 Posts
I'm getting the Vigor cuz I love the look of HTC phones and like sense. Also, the Prime is supposed to have that curved glass like the nexus S, and I think it looks super weird. Not a fan of my phone having the Jay Leno chin.
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
274 Posts
I really had my mind all made up to go with the prime, but with Adrynalyne getting one of these... and the fact I have never had a samsung.... Now I am totally confused again. The thunderbolt was my first HTC phone, and I like everything about it but the battery life. I guess I should wait a couple of weeks after they are released and see who roots them, and what devs jump on board before I purchase. I just hate waiting.
 

·
Idratherberiding
Joined
·
269 Posts
I am really hoping Sense 3.5, the 1.5 ghz processor, and the slightly larger battery (220 mah up from the TB) really help out the battery life. To be honest though...I could care less because this phone is an absolute beast. I haven't heard of one Dev who has not said they were not getting it lol.
 
21 - 40 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top