Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Average Android
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally ditched the iPod and am now using my Nexus for music. I am using a mac with iSyncr to sync over the music and am now happily scrobbling live all day to last.fm. How many of you have made the jump to your nexus' music player instead of an iPod? If so what music player do you use and how do you sync of your music. I'm also interested in friending some Rootzwiki peeps on last.fm too see what you all listen to!

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
I finally ditched the iPod and am now using my Nexus for music. I am using a mac with iSyncr to sync over the music and am now happily scrobbling live all day to last.fm. How many of you have made the jump to your nexus' music player instead of an iPod? If so what music player do you use and how do you sync of your music. I'm also interested in friending some Rootzwiki peeps on last.fm too see what you all listen to!
I use Google music on all of my devices. It nice to just sign on, and have all of your music right there.

I have an unlimited data plan tho, so no worries about going over. If I had a limited plan, I would probably use something else.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Funny, just went on my first run and trip to the gym today with the nexus. I'm actually using iSyncr'd Google Music too--sound effects arent bad to boost base audio quality.
I've been using TuneIn since I got the phone launch in December, but mostly in the car and on my stereo. Had been an avid Pandora user for a decade it seems but I like the live radio format so TuneIn is really doing it for me to sample new music.
For playing your own music, n7 has a pretty slick interface but not enough to tear me away from native player. Rocket Player and Cloud Skipper were OK too.
Sorry, no pay for play like last.fm for me.

·
Syboxez - the secret dev.
167 Posts
Droid Charge with CM9 and Voodoo Sound.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish I could use Google Music to stream but I often find that I have no service. I try to store it locally and syncing is real easy. Maybe one day google music will work for me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use a mix of Pandora, Spotify, and PowerAMP. It depends on the mood I am in. I have unlimited data, so I have no problem streaming all day. I just use WIFI File Explorer for music syncing. I am waiting for a good way to wirelessly sync my music from MediaMonkey.

·
Prepare Your Android
252 Posts
I still use my iPod, mainly for practical reasons. Whereas I do have winamp installed on my phone (just in case), I have an 80gb 5th gen classic that I keep around because of the massive amount of storage space (massive for me, as I have only come close to using half of it) and I don't have to worry about draining my battery on my phone, in case I don't have a charger available. Also, I happen to like the playlist customization abilities of iTunes, as I have gotten use to using them consistently for a while now. Even more importantly, the iPod works with my car stereo via usb, but since it's an older model head unit, I can't use my phone with it due to software incompatibilities. I know that newer ones exist, but I am not about to spend money anytime soon on "updating" from my current one.

Don't get me wrong, those are the only two Apple products that I use with any kind of frequency, as I much prefer Android's customization abilities when it comes to phone and tablets. However, I see no need to replace a decent product that has worked for me near flawlessly for over 4 years now.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts