Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Developer
161 Posts
Since I'm not really involved with MIUI on the X, I thought it would be fun to take on a another challenge. Sense. A few people have already been testing for me, and so far we get to the bootanimation. In fact I'm waiting on a tester to give me some logs right now.

This is being ported from the Dinc2. I know there are a lot of hardware differences, but its this or an older version of Sense ported from the Droid OG. Who knows, it may come to that.

Most likely today, when I see if my fixes do any good, I'll start posting tests. They won't be booting, but they're there is anyone wants to take a look, and help me with development. Every test that I release will be public, so everyone will see what we are doing.

If you or anyone you know is already working on this, lease, please, please let me know. I would love to lend a helping hand.

Here's the latest:
www.tetradsoftware.com/android/DroidX/project/Seakrit-6.zip

Stay tuned.

·
Average Android
157 Posts
I would love to see sense on my x I am a big fan of sense. Rock on brother!!!

·
Android Addict
756 Posts
Would love a sense rom! But if I remember correctly from og Droid you would never get calls to work? Or is it different now? There was a couple tries at porting it to og Droid before they gave up because calls and some other issues wouldn't work without HTC hardware if I remember right please correct me if in wrong. Anyway I would totally love a sense rom to change up from cm and miui! Wow we might have options on the x soon in stoked

·
Android Addict
756 Posts
"Webst3r said:
Even if it's not good for everyday use, I'd still like to get it on here. Time will tell.
Oh yeah definitely even the one for the og Droid without calls or without calls unless you were on wifi made me run it for a while ...love to try out new things and have a variety of roms

·
Android Apprentice
71 Posts
"Webst3r said:
Even if it's not good for everyday use, I'd still like to get it on here. Time will tell.
Why not try to get GummyCharge or OMFGB ported? I'm sure the devs for those roms would love to help you out.

HalfieDP

·
Developer
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
halfiedp said:
Why not try to get GummyCharge or OMFGB ported? I'm sure the devs for those roms would love to help you out.

HalfieDP
Because they're (And not offense to the devs, they're awesome ROMs), kinda like stock gingerbread with a ton of edits. And the Droid X already has a true AOSP Gingerbread ROM. Sense seems like way more fun to work on.

·
Themer
632 Posts
"halfiedp said:

HalfieDP
I already contacted xoomdev about it. They are all for OMGB for the dx, they just don't have a droid x. So as soon as they buy one for cheap or get one donated, you can expect a release. I personally am hoping for it, because I like AOSP and you can never have too many quality roms.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.