Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on trying to get my DX2 so we can get it built. He had tweeted yesterday he needs someone to loan him a DX2 and a D3 so he can build it. I did Tweet back saying I would be willing to send mine. Question is if he does do it I will need a very cheap dumb phone to get by. Would anyone be willing to sell me a dumb phone cheap? Sorry if this sounds out in left field just trying to help all of us in this part of the community. I talk to Drs on a daily basis for my son he is Autistic. I can not be without a phone for that reason.
MODS: If you feel this thread is not needed Please feel free to delete. Just trying to help.

Attachments

·
Registered
982 Posts
droidberryinfo said:
I am working on trying to get my DX2 so we can get it built. He had tweeted yesterday he needs someone to loan him a DX2 and a D3 so he can build it. I did Tweet back saying I would be willing to send mine. Question is if he does do it I will need a very cheap dumb phone to get by. Would anyone be willing to sell me a dumb phone cheap? Sorry if this sounds out in left field just trying to help all of us in this part of the community. I talk to Drs on a daily basis for my son he is Autistic. I can not be without a phone for that reason.
MODS: If you feel this thread is not needed Please feel free to delete. Just trying to help.
Sweet!

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm ok with the recovery we have but like to flash when I want, not just when I'm home with a charger or in my car. I'm waiting to get a ticket for flashing. Not cool. Hopefully he was serious. I'm just waiting on him to respond with the ok.

·
Average Android
106 Posts
i for one would love a clockwork made for the x2 sucks not being able to get into recovery from power off. i love to experiment with stuff and it sucks having to sfb instead of just resoring a backup i think i sbf my old x 13 times total ive done my x2 15 in the 2 weeks ive had it

·
Registered
982 Posts
shawn1976 said:
i for one would love a clockwork made for the x2 sucks not being able to get into recovery from power off. i love to experiment with stuff and it sucks having to sfb instead of just resoring a backup i think i sbf my old x 13 times total ive done my x2 15 in the 2 weeks ive had it
Right...

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
shawn1976 said:
You would still need to sbf, it's not a normal recovery, it's just a bootstrap like the current one we have.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"mazz0310 said:
You would still need to sbf, it's not a normal recovery, it's just a bootstrap like the current one we have.
You are absolutely right the down fall for me is I spend 60 hrs at work and 10 to 20 hrs at the Dr's a week, my kid is a full time job. Not that this has anything todo with Koush's Bootstrap but is convenient to flash while away from home without carrying a charger in my pocket, if I had a portable charger it would be great. I do a great deal of flashing and only sbf when really needed.

·
Average Android
106 Posts
i ment one made for the dx2 thats like the bootstrap for the x where from a power off you can hold down the volume button and power up into clockwork to flash a backup

·
Android Enthusiast
69 Posts
I'll play devils advocate...

The one we have works fine for now and until we have CM, not much value in ROM manager. I'm okay waiting until Dragonkiller or CVPCS makes more progress on 2nd Init hijack and CM. This is because when Koush does develop CWM for us, I want him to do two versions of CWM like he did for the DX. 1. Standard for stock 2.3.3 Kernel and... 2. A 2nd Init version, for ROMs with hijacked and replaced Kernels such as CM7, Miui, other AOSP, etc.

Oh, and he might as well give us a new bootstrap too. ;)

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
Droosh said:
I'll play devils advocate...

The one we have works fine for now and until we have CM, not much value in ROM manager. I'm okay waiting until Dragonkiller or CVPCS makes more progress on 2nd Init hijack and CM. This is because when Koush does develop CWM for us, I want him to do two versions of CWM like he did for the DX. 1. Standard for stock 2.3.3 Kernel and... 2. A 2nd Init version, for ROMs with hijacked and replaced Kernels such as CM7, Miui, other AOSP, etc.

Oh, and he might as well give us a new bootstrap too. ;)
I agree, I would like one by Koush

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"racerxfd said:
So what is our action here? Who is driving this?
I'm willing to give up my phone for as long as it would take, but I really need a cheap dumb phone for something to use in the mean time.

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
So has anyone sent a phone yet? I just bought a DROID 2 from p3droid. If no one's sent one by the time I get that phone in, he can borrow mine.

Asking here cause I really don't wanna bother koush if its not necessary.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
"droidberryinfo said:
I'm willing to give up my phone for as long as it would take, but I really need a cheap dumb phone for something to use in the mean time.
I am more than willing to send you a phone... Unfortunately, I do not have one...

·
Average Android
106 Posts
droidberryinfo said:
only old phone i got is a verizion prepay flip phone doubt this is what ur needing but its urs if itll work

1 - 20 of 24 Posts