Android OS Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Android or Die
290 Posts
"EggoEspada said:
I think the Thunderbolt is the only phone capable of simultaneous voice and data over 3G

Sent from my ADR6400L
Only CDMA Verizon based phone. Some people like to be specific so I thought I'd help you out. But I knew what you meant.

Sent from my Root Stick using Black RootzWiki Forums

·
Android or Die
290 Posts
"johnny9374 said:
who cares what its called I want it :smile3:
It matters because if its The Droid Prime that means carrier OS upgrades, carrier apps and some form of locked bootlader. Nexus Prime means the latter.

·
Android Lover
156 Posts
"itsTreyG said:
It matters because if its The Droid Prime that means carrier OS upgrades, carrier apps and some form of locked bootlader. Nexus Prime means the latter.

Yea I realize that but aren't samsung phones pretty easy to crack as far as the bootloader? The only thing I've ever really heard anyone complain about their phones is the lack of updates

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
johnny9374 said:
Yea I realize that but aren't samsung phones pretty easy to crack as far as the bootloader? The only thing I've ever really heard anyone complain about their phones is the lack of updates
It's much more than that. If it's a Nexus with LTE, then that means all other LTE devices benefit (TBolt, Charge, etc) because we will then have an AOSP RIL. Right now, the lack of a good RIL hurts lots of phones.

This is just one example of it being more than just software updates.

·
Android or Die
290 Posts
"Jaxidian said:
It's much more than that. If it's a Nexus with LTE, then that means all other LTE devices benefit (TBolt, Charge, etc) because we will then have an AOSP RIL. Right now, the lack of a good RIL hurts lots of phones.

Nicely put.

·
Android Lover
156 Posts
"Jaxidian said:

Gotcha :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
itsTreyG said:

Samsung bootloaders ARE in fact open and unlocked, period. With the exception of GE Nexus devices, Samsung devices are the least secured and most dev friendly. However, their crappy proprietary code is not dev friendly but that's just a matter of sub par code writing. Samsung is the ONLY oem that actually encourages and supports the developer community.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Thought Police
236 Posts
So I've been undecided up to this point as to weather to grab the Prime or Sprint GSII... now that I see that it's almost near release I guess I can live with my Epic 4G for a little while longer, especially for that rumored 4.62 inch super AMOLED+ display and Exynos 2.0 processor!

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Tomorrow is my birthday and I've been asking the wife to get me the Nexus when it comes out as a late bday present. Once we have all the facts, I may change my mind to the Vigor, SGSIII, or other phone released in Oct/Nov but at this point, the Nexus on VZW is what I expect to happen for me. One VERY important factor, though, is that it is truly a Nexus. If it's a "Droid Prime" or some crap like that, then I'll almost immediately be more interested in the Vigor.

·
Android Rocks
965 Posts
Jaxidian said:
Tomorrow is my birthday and I've been asking the wife to get me the Nexus when it comes out as a late bday present. Once we have all the facts, I may change my mind to the Vigor, SGSIII, or other phone released in Oct/Nov but at this point, the Nexus on VZW is what I expect to happen for me. One VERY important factor, though, is that it is truly a Nexus. If it's a "Droid Prime" or some crap like that, then I'll almost immediately be more interested in the Vigor.
yeah if its a true google xperince phone makes all the difference to me as well.Fingers crossed it will be tho.

sent via TaPaTaLk

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.