Android OS Forum banner
421 - 440 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have been using xda for cyanogenmod since the days of the HTC Dream.
But using CM9 on my xoom and Gnex I couldnt see that they had changed much, apart from breaking a few things.

So got advised to use AOKP seems this forum is its hangout so downloaded and installed on GNex loved it.
Its now its on both Gnex and Xoom and loving it.

So that's why I joined.

Still using XDA for the EOS kernal on my xoom, but thats about it now.

·
Mason Kernel Guy
215 Posts
Initially because there was good info on rootzwiki itself. Forum wise, it made sense to release here first, the community here is great, and the interface is so much nicer. There's good focus on developer needs here, so I consider it home.

xda is often times chaotic, but my thread there hasn't been derailed yet. I figure it's only a matter of time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I came because I am getting back into the Android scene. Had an Inspire 4G then went to a BB 9700 then an iPhone 4S and I am currently back with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Looks to be a super active group and I can't wait to learn more about the Android platform!

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
I joined because some of the Vibrant developers came here to get away from the insanity on XDA. I stayed because I like how the community here is so much more helpful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
I joined because like Cyberpyr8, i'm trying to get away from all the children at XDA, don't get me wrong, i will always hold xda in the highest regard, but the way the community is forming here at rootzwiki and the type of people coming here...it just feels a lot more comfortable, a lot more warm feeling.

Also, i'm trying to increase awareness of my youtube channel and website! =)

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
I joined because like Cyberpyr8, i'm trying to get away from all the children at XDA, don't get me wrong, i will always hold xda in the highest regard, but the way the community is forming here at rootzwiki and the type of people coming here...it just feels a lot more comfortable, a lot more warm feeling.

Also, i'm trying to increase awareness of my youtube channel and website! =)
Darn, I fell for your clever ploy TheSmokingAndroid! Good videos.

Reactions: TheSmokingAndroid

·
Android Beginner
18 Posts
I joined to learn and for great advice when I get stuck. I have learned quite a bit since joining just by reading through the different post and trying stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
44 Posts
I joined because I've been lurking wayyyyy too long and am loving the tutorials and the general feel of the forum. Seems like a group of similar minded individuals working towards the common goal of making Android better. Oh that and the flame wars and constant demand for updates get a bit old after a while.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since I had to do a factory reset to logout from my Google account (losing everything I had installed), and also because I cannot uninstall apps like Facebook that came with the phone, I realised how important is it to root your phone.

So... looking forward to learn how to root my Xperia Arc S, and possibly help with development since I'm a Computer Scientist - just one that never got into Android development and strongly dislikes Java.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I joined because I like a few others have been lurking waaaay too long on here. Seems to be a great place and so different than XDA.... Plus i've seen a few friends over here along with some great devs. Howdy All! :D

421 - 440 of 495 Posts