Android OS Forum banner
441 - 460 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently a Recognized Contributor over on XDA, and i have heard good things about Rootz Wiki, so i though i would come and check it out. I mainly make beginner guides for the Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100, i am also a rom cook, hoping to fully develop soon and i am starting to learn how to theme.

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
I joined because I have a touchpad, and I like to see updates for my device and get help from this amazing community.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just rooted my ICS 4.0.3 tablet. Need CWM Recovery, and I heard from a developer that this is where the folks were.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,166 Posts
Just rooted my ICS 4.0.3 tablet. Need CWM Recovery, and I heard from a developer that this is where the folks were.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
What kind of tablet do you have? Give me some info and I could help point you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Joined because I want to give developers feedback for their work. Get the latest info for my phone and the site seems to be more familiar than let's say xda.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Joined because I have a Galaxy Nexus and an Acer Iconia A500 tablet.

New to the Android scene; often asked by others "what ROM you running?" and I'm like "huh? Android?".
Not really. Both my devices are stock. To be honest I'm not yet sold on the idea of rooting my devices with the risk of bricking them. Here to find out the benefits of rooting and using custom ROMs and to gauge whether I want to do it or not.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Do it Adam, the world of ultimate customization awaits you!
this is the reason i joined. in my country we have a couple of bigger android boards and they suck, you even mention "root" and they freak out and hide under their bedsheets because evil roms will install malware and blablabla. xda is nice aswell but a little brainwashed into this opensource/everythings'free religion to the extend that they start policing and kicking out roms like liquid. i believe rootz is more freespirited and personal. my only gripe is that i think it is very-very aokp heavy. new roms and new innovations are overlooked, and there's plenty. aokp has a new ringsound, BAM, frontpage. its a little silly - but well, i skip the frontpage and then its great.

·
Android Drifter
2,159 Posts
I joined because I wanted to be part of an expanding group of users, to further my learning about android in general, and to assist others with problems and questions that I have experience with. Rootzwiki has been the best experience and android community that I've ever participated in by far, and I couldn't be happier to be here!

·
Post Stanker and Support Gimp
163 Posts
I joined because I can actually talk to and interact with "my" developers here. And they ROCK my phone to its maximum potential!

This is what other communities should be!! Real work, real sharing, real time, real results!

Keep it up guys and girls!!!

Reactions: faptastics

·
Registered
2 Posts
I joined because i just recently got back in to the Android family from Apple and would love to learn more about customizing my phone without messing it up :)-

·
Let me help you brick that device...
422 Posts
I joined only to thank a particular dev, but ended up staying because the interaction in that particular thread was pretty high quality, overall.

I now spend more time here than all other forums combined.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I joined because Synergye (HTC Vivid) moved here, honestly.

But it's cleaner and crisper than XDAD, much nicer interface, and the general community is much better. I don't fear my (hypothetical) head being ripped off every time I ask a question.

·
Android Apprentice
644 Posts
I joined because i enjoy android os very much. And i needed a place to post where i could ask a question without being flamed for it :cough: xda. seriously id ask a question and request not to be flamed or yelled at right afterward thats how common it is. anyway im loving it here great forum love it

441 - 460 of 495 Posts