Android OS Forum banner
461 - 480 of 495 Posts

·
Android Androgyne
773 Posts
I joined because development for my phone was sorta stalled at XDA, and someone from Rootz posted in the then-dead unofficial CM7 thread suggesting the two or three of us using that ROM should come over here and check out some AOSP ROMs that were still being supported.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Easy as pie... We got 250+ users now. Tell us why you joined, we love to hear what your thoughts are on the site!

****UPDATE****

We now have 21k+ members. Give away is done. But you can bet your butt when we hit 30k, its going to be something cool as hell. Just watch.

****UPDATE****

We will have 50k+ in a matter of a couple days.

****UPDATE****

Soon to be 60k+ in a few days.

****UPDATE****

Soon to be 70k+ in a few days.
Still haven't received my supporter package T-shirt...... been 2 months.... sent several emails to rootz wiki customer service and no answer..... help?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RootzWiki

·
Registered
36 Posts
I joined because I wanted to learn how to root my showcase and ultimately pop on a new mod. I got lots of good help here especially from showcasemodr and others. Now happily running CM9 on my SCH-I500. Yea!

Cheers, Dan

·
U.S. MARINE SEMPER FI
178 Posts
I joined because I was tired of the smartmouths at XDA,everytime I asked a question here come a smartmouth popping off,but I want to be honest and straightforward,rootzwiki is heading in that direction,I have a toro galaxy nexus and I have started seeing more and more smartmouths in the threads that want to pop back at some of the newbies or just someone that has a question.
from an outsider looking in, it really needs to be taken care of ,thanks again,just being Honest
still enjoy the site though and all the great info,nice and best only site I use,thanks Rootz

·
Registered
312 Posts
I believe I joined when I was looking at Galnet, though it may have been right when I just started flashing Roms and just started posting heavily after that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It was over a week ago and my memory doesn't last that long anymore. :) I joined because this seems to be where the most knowledgeable and helpful people can be found. I've learned a lot just from lurking the forums and trying to do things myself.

·
*Future Dev*
104 Posts
I joined RootzWiki, mainly for the Vivid forums, but it could be my permanant site/resource.....
I joined because I'm sick of the BS going on at XDA (the site that must not be named, lol)....I want my development environment to be a calm, and most of all, helpful and courteous place.....RootzWiki is JUST THAT. I'm glad to be a part of the RootzWiki community.

Sent from my HTC Holiday using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
160 Posts
Probably because of the way a lot of the questions are answered. People seem to forget there was a time when the questions they were asking sounded dumb to someone.

Z.F.F.Z 4.13
1+ the but hurt people abandoned roots wiki and joined xda I'm currently banned from there because some guy told me off made fun if my age and I call him a ass roots wiki is gone xdabis next probably.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Android Drifter
2,159 Posts
Anybody else notice this forum seems about dead? As in whole rootzwiki

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, I've noticed too. I attribute it to a general lack of GSM device device threads and postings by GSM developers. I like it here in general, because the site is smaller and maintained well by the staff. My overall experience here has been positive. My main reason for not coming here as often is lack of activity in the threads for my device, and rage over the rootz T-shirt situation. This site is much better than that other larger forum... But I like developer-specific forums best, it just seems that users on forums like that are less hostile.

461 - 480 of 495 Posts