Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
CM's Chronus Clock - Themed - Different colors available

This is CM's Chronus clock widget for your homescreen or 4.2 lockscreen. I have themed it to have ICS Blue or "holo_blue_light / #ff33b5e5" text color. This is for XHDPI and HDPI devices only. I had a request form another member here on Rootz to do this, with some slight color changes, but I wanted to post this "all blue" version for anyone to use. Other color options will be added as my time permits. If you make a request please be patient, I will make it a point to get to them all. Thanks.

I did not make this app, please go thank the CyanogenMod Team. Here is a link to their origional Google+ post. I'm not sure what rev this is, but it does have the option in settings to use alternate colored weather icons (shown in images)
The CM dev has a standalone app thread on XDA now with the latest versions posted. Please go thank him also!

Special thanks to Rootz member Willyjay who helped me get started themeing and provided some much needed support! View his profile here.

Installation instructions:
Download the zip file to your SD card (or internal storage). Boot into the recovery of your choice, find the ZIP and install. That's it!

If you are having issues with Chronus not showing up after flashing...
- If running a CM based Rom and have cLock in your widget drawer then check in system/app for "LockClock". Remove or rename the app(s), reboot and Chronus should now show up in your app drawer.

Download link:
Chronus-blue.zip

Here is a version in "Holo blue light" with a "Droid-Life pink" next alarm line and icon...
Chronus-blue_pink-alarm-v2.zip

Name says it all, text in cyan [common' Cyanogenmod, thought this would be an option in settings already! ;) ]
Chronus-cyan.zip

Here is a "Dark" themed one with black and dark gray elements. This one also has the "solid" weather icons in dark gray and the analog clock in black.
Chronus-dark.zip

changelog:
2013.03.06 - added dark version
2013.03.04 - added cyan version
2013.02.27 - added ics blue / D-L pink version
2013.02.26 - thread started with ics blue version

Normal disclaimer applies... I am not responsible for anything bad that happens to your device. However, I will take credit for anything that makes your device look better

If it works for you please hit the "Like" button. Thanks!!!

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts

·
holo wh#re
153 Posts
Don't do it people. It's a virus!
Just kidding........ But no seriously lol

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't do it people. It's a virus!
Just kidding........ But no seriously lol
Ha!! Can it or I'll tell everyone you had me make you a pink one!
Ladies and Gents... the inspiration for the OP. :D

It did look nice, I'll add it to the OP.

·
holo wh#re
153 Posts
haha....hey it match's my motocross suite, since it is my wall "paypa"
i gotta look fly when i race D class this spring!.....more hospital trips lol

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice any chance of cyan?

s2 rootbox
Yes, it can be done! :)
I'll add a cyan one to the list. Was thinking of making a "black" themed one for those using lighter/white themes or wallpaper. Hopefully I can do them tonight and add to the OP.

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i install it and i can't find it anywhere?????
I'll try and help diagnose for you...
1) How did you install, through recovery or extracting the zip and placing the apk?
2) What rom and android version are you on? This app will need at least 4.2.1 to be placed on the lockscreen.

I'm running Carbon v1.5 (4.2.2) on my N7, it already has this widget as LockClock (cLock in the widget drawer). I believe this was CM's original name for the widget. So whenever I flashed my modded Chronus-blue on it did not show up in the app drawer, and did not replace cLock automatically. I had to remove LockClock from system/app first, then reboot for Chronus to show up. Hope this helps.

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
tinkerer in training
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, I guess this thread won't be needed much longer according to David van Tronder's recent Google+ post. Oh well, it was a fun first learning experience. On to the next thing! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts