Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled this post from the XDA forum and I'm posting it here. Hopefully this helps the CM team deal with the ongoing wifi issues:

The wifi fix http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,12342 as incorporated into the philicibine Kang ROM has completely transformed the wifi stability on my tablet.

Before I could get stable operation at home after having adjusted router settings to channel 1, but other access points and my office network in particular were very problematic and almost unusable (5 minutes connection before dropping out).

With the ROM with this fix, my wifi even at work is totally stable, reconnects automatically after a reboot and I would say is as good as WebOS.

I hope this can be put in this build soon.

·
Android no Beginner
328 Posts
I pulled this post from the XDA forum and I'm posting it here. Hopefully this helps the CM team deal with the ongoing wifi issues:

The wifi fix http://review.cyanog...m/#change,12342 as incorporated into the philicibine Kang ROM has completely transformed the wifi stability on my tablet.

Before I could get stable operation at home after having adjusted router settings to channel 1, but other access points and my office network in particular were very problematic and almost unusable (5 minutes connection before dropping out).

With the ROM with this fix, my wifi even at work is totally stable, reconnects automatically after a reboot and I would say is as good as WebOS.

can't seem to find download link for an update flash on that site. Is this built into a rom and not separate? thanks

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts

The wifi fix http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,12342 as incorporated into the philicibine Kang ROM has completely transformed the wifi stability on my tablet.

This shows a dependency with another patch, did you include that as well?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This shows a dependency with another patch, did you include that as well?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
What are you talking about? Dependency on another patch? How about a fix for wifi issues? The point was I was giving the dev's a heads up and if they choose to try it and it works, we are better off. If it doesn't, then they don't include it. How long we been living with unresolved wifi issues? Just sayin'.

·
Registered
110 Posts
nevertells said:
The point was I was giving the dev's a heads up and if they choose to try it
I don't get why you need to give the devs a "heads up" about submissions *right in their own CyanogenMod/android_device_hp_tenderloin tree*.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't get why you need to give the devs a "heads up" about submissions *right in their own CyanogenMod/android_device_hp_tenderloin tree*.
I've seen their device tree before and it didn't look anything like this one, or for that matter the names of the owners of the issues. So where's the harm in bringing it up just to make sure it gets attention? And what's the need for your rude comment?

·
Banned
82 Posts
Sorry, but there is absolutely no need to bring this to the dev's attention since it's been posted on gerrit ages ago. dalingrin commented that it needs to be stress tested. Also HY-rowi wasn't being rude, you are the one being rude by getting über defensive when clearly you are in the wrong.

·
Registered
33 Posts
From what I've heard, 12341 and 12342 will eventually become the new updated wifi driver once it's committed. The devs know it exist and actually have a very very very pre-alpha flashable zip with the fix. It's not necessarily worth flashing since it introduces a slew of other problems that need to be ironed out before it's final. Wifi performance when it does work though is much better, it's promising.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry if I sounded rude, but my point is valid.
I think that you and gamer765 have forgotten the theme established by Dalingrin about this totally open source effort to get ICS on the TouchPad, so just to remind you here it is verbatim from the OP of the thread he started:

"YOU SHOULD CONTRIBUTE INSTEAD OF KANGING EDITION"

Since I am not a developer, what I posted was an attempt on my part to participate in the advancement of Dal's efforts by pointing out that someone with the ability to try out the code in a rom has reported that it appeared to greatly improve wifi performance over what we have now. Besides, I was pointing out the guy who tried the code's post not the entry in the cm_tenderloin tree. Why you two decided to belittle my effort to help in my own way is beyond understanding. Thus the defensiveness.

@EraserXIV, Thanks for the update and letting us know that the dev's are working with that code.

·
Banned
82 Posts
[...]Since I am not a developer[...]
Thank you, now stop trying to be a dev. Look before you post. I don't know if you have common sense, but dal and the team are well aware of all these "fixes". All you are doing is causing people to try to install something without a clue of the consequences if something goes wrong. If this was YOUR code, then it's fine, but either way, it would most likely get ignored if you don't submit it to gerrit. What you consider an effort is not an effort. I can go on github and post about whatever fork too. An effort would be like Dees_Troy and his touchscreen driver updates, where he knows what he's doing and has tested it. You claim to attempt to participate in the advancement, but really, it's not your work.
To prove that dal and the team know about this: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,12342
If its on http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:open,n,z, no need to try to let the team know.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Thank you, now stop trying to be a dev. Look before you post. I don't know if you have common sense, but dal and the team are well aware of all these "fixes". All you are doing is causing people to try to install something without a clue of the consequences if something goes wrong. If this was YOUR code, then it's fine, but either way, it would most likely get ignored if you don't submit it to gerrit. What you consider an effort is not an effort. I can go on github and post about whatever fork too. An effort would be like Dees_Troy and his touchscreen driver updates, where he knows what he's doing and has tested it. You claim to attempt to participate in the advancement, but really, it's not your work.
To prove that dal and the team know about this: http://review.cyanog...m/#change,12342
If its on http://review.cyanog...status:eek:pen,n,z, no need to try to let the team know.
Never claimed to be a developer, never claimed it was my work, so what's your problem? AND, it's open source and that makes it anyone's code who wants to try it out. That's per Dalingrin! AND someone did and reported it helped. That's all I reported. I suggest you becareful what you post, I don't care for your disparaging remark.

From your first link it appears that one of the dev's says:

Harsh Bhanvadia Feb 10

Patch Set 1: Looks good to me, but someone else must approve
Tested for 3 days. Is better than original wifi. In CM9 original it always connected to wifi, but due to some inactivity it shows connected but data transfer stopped. This fixes those issues completely, havent noticed any other problems, seem good.

·
Android Beginner
70 Posts
I wonder if this fix will stop me from toggling wifi on/off when it wakes up from sleep? I am one of those few lucky ones who has never any issues with wifi on cm7 or cm9. My only complaint is that it doesn't scan once it wakes up from sleep.

It won't connect my wifi after my tablet sleeps overnight. I have to toggle wifi off, and on to connect to my AP's.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.