Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks, nice to be here!

I recently picked up a touchpad during the firesale, and got an offer to trade out for the wifi galaxy tab. I do like the portability of the tab n realize its not as powerful as the touchpad, n a little concerned about the lack of rooms for it and future updates...... But its a real android tablet.

Is it a worthy trade out, or should I wait for the port to come out of alpha?

·
Android Beginner
37 Posts
ive had my 7 inch tab for about 4 months now and like it more today than the day i bought it. its a great device, very portable and through recent development becoming more customizable. prices are similar and the 3g option has been invaluable. the only thing i would trade this for is a 3g/4g 10.1 on sprint, but thats not out yet :)

·
Android Apprentice
75 Posts
"sklobopes said:
hey folks, nice to be here!

I recently picked up a touchpad during the firesale, and got an offer to trade out for the wifi galaxy tab. I do like the portability of the tab n realize its not as powerful as the touchpad, n a little concerned about the lack of rooms for it and future updates...... But its a real android tablet.

Is it a worthy trade out, or should I wait for the port to come out of alpha?
XDA Have a great Honeycomb Tom for the Galaxy Tab 7"

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
Keep the touchpad honestly. You'll be playing a waiting game, but I'd say your better off with that dual core. I get around a 3000 score with a 1.2ghz overclock (vs 1.00ghz stock) in a benchmarking app called Antutu. With a dual core i see them at 5500-6000 range stock.

I love my Galaxy tab though. When i got mine, only the dell streak, apple ipad, motorola xoom where out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts