Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Average Android
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just started the download for the Windows 8 Developer Preview... I'm curios about seeing this as a side-boot on tablets like the XOOM, since Microsoft is wanting to get this running on every kind of processor.. Has anyone seen when M$ thinks they'll have this built for Tegra2 or ARM systems?

·
Average Android
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm sure that there would be some use for the 32gb internal storage... i'm just hoping that there's some way this could work. maybe the internal storage could be completely partitioned for win8 and the regular android sectors could be left alone, then we can use an actual sd card for the user storage (exactly how android was made anyways.).

·
Android Lover
164 Posts
Not to change the subject, but has anyone tried it on a PC? It was interesting, but I can't install because I currently use my PC for school, and need to be sure Microsoft Office is functioning normally.

·
Average Android
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm working it right now. Been dealing with an issue for a while cause my iso download was corrupt, and I didn't take the time to check the SHA-1 hash... I'll have it installed in an hour if this download works right, so I'll get back to you.

·
Average Android
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll make a little video review of the desktop (not touch screen) version soon. I have a feeling it won't be too exciting though, but they made daul boot for a reason..

·
Android Addict
348 Posts
"phishfi said:
I'll make a little video review of the desktop (not touch screen) version soon. I have a feeling it won't be too exciting though, but they made daul boot for a reason..
Cheers, I was looking at downloading it yesterday but decided not too as I need my computer as it is. But I really wanna see what it looks like :D

·
Banned
1,227 Posts
Do any of you guys feel like you're limited with what you can do? I know its a preview and all, but I'd really like to resize the widgets exactly the way i'd like... also would like to have a traditional start menu on the desktop mode... I'm using it on a touchscreen and have really liked some of the features involved with that... idk, just feels like my computers balls have been chopped off.

·
Android Addict
348 Posts
"x13thangelx said:
Ive been waiting for someone to say something like that since this thread started lol.
Lol, someone had to say it! Could be worse I suppose, dare I say it Apple Macs *hides in the corner in shame*

·
Android Junkie
59 Posts
I'm not too impressed with it. Wouldn't find my wireless adapter drivers....so it's pretty much useless for me right now. I setup a dual boot with Win7 and after a few reboots Win8 had to be prepared. Nice work MS!

·
Average Android
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"tperricone said:
I'm not too impressed with it. Wouldn't find my wireless adapter drivers....so it's pretty much useless for me right now. I setup a dual boot with Win7 and after a few reboots Win8 had to be prepared. Nice work MS!
Have you tried installing the windows 7 driver. My printer driver for win7 worked with 8.

After running it a while, I've noticed an issue where my computer gives me a blue screen with a sad face and then instantly restarts... can't find the problem yet!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts