Android OS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
I am currently working on a major update to the apk manager application as well and changing the name to APK Multi-Tool with some new added features and also to fix some issues with some code errors.

I am also changing a lot of the features as well since a lot of the code has been outdated for a while.
I have updated all the files and modified Apk manager's Scripts to fix many user reported bugs from Daneshm90 apk manager which he had written a simple script to ease the process of editing apks. Got a lot of downloads so thought its in demand
Whether you're doing basic image editing or editing the smali or xml files, on average u have to use (Brut.all or JF's smali/baksmali) awesome tool to extract the apk, edit it, then sign the apk and then adb push/install it. This process is quite tiresome if you are testing a method that needs fine tweaking.
This script should make the process a LOT smoother.
Theres an option of compiling/signing/installing all in one step
Goes to Daneshm90 the Original Writer of APK Manager
Goes to Brut.all for his awesome tool.
Goes to JF for ofcourse, smali/baksmali

Features:
- Added framework dependent decompiling (For non propietary rom apks). (Option 10). Checks whether the dependee apk u selected is correct.
- Allows multiple projects to be modified, switch to and from.
- Allows to modify system apk's using apktool but ensures maximum compatibility in terms of signature / manifest.xml
- Batch optimize apk (Zipalign,optipng,or both)
- Batch Ogg optimization
- Batch install apk from script (option 19)
- Batch Theme Image Transfer TOOL
- Batch Theme optipng TOOL
- Batch Theme Zipalign APK TOOL
- Compression level selector (monitor status above menu)
- Error detection. Checks if error occurred anytime u perform a task, and reports it
- Extract, Zip apk's.
- Incorporates brut.all's apktool
- Improved syntax of questions/answers
- Logging on/off has been removed. Instead a log.txt is created which logs the activities of the script organized using time/date headers
- Optimize pngs (ignores .9.pngs)
- Pull apk from phone into modding environment.
- Push to specific location on phone
- Quick sign an apk (Batch mode supported)
- Read log (Option 24)
- Sign apks
- Supports batch installation, so if u drag multiple apks into the script (not while its running) it will install them all for u. U can ofcourse drag a single apk as well
- User can change the max java heap size (only use if certain large apks get stuck when decompiling/compiling apks) (Option 19)
- U can now set this script as ur default application for apks. When u do, if u double click any apk it will install it for u.
- Zipalign apks
- Much Much More
Instructions:
- Place apk in appropriate folder (Any filename will work, if running for first time folders will not be there, you must run and then the folders will be created)
- Run script
- Minimize the script
- Edit files inside the project folder
- Maximize the script

Requirements:
Java 1.6
Android SDK

FAQ

Resulting apk file is much smaller than original! Is there something missing?

First: compression of resources.arsc file. Sometimes this file is compressed in original apk, sometimes not and apktool always compress it. Second: lack of META-INF dir. Apktool builds unsigned apks, so they lack signatures stored in this dir. Third: apktool uses newest Android SDK, so it could optimize files better, especially if original app is old. So: unpack both original and resulting apk, remove META-INF from original and then compare sizes. If they're still much different, then you could report on XDA or somewhere.

There is no META-INF dir in resulting apk. Is this ok?

Yes. META-INF contains apk signatures mostly and after modifying apk in no longer signed, so there are no signatures in it. You have to sign resulting apk and then META-INF dir will be created.

What do you call "magic apks"?
Sometimes there are some apks which (for my current knowledge) are invalid, broken, theoretically they shouldn't exist. There may be many reasons of their existence: my lack of understanding of Android resources; some non-public, maybe future SDK tools or custom modifications of these; manual hacking of binaries, etc. Usually I can't do anything about it, but you could at least try to replace broken parts by something valid. Actually it's quite likely that they aren't even used, because if they would, then application would crash.

Got problems ?
1. Make sure your path has no spaces
2. Your filename has no wierd characters
3. Java/adb are in your path
4. It's not a proprietary rom's apk (aka Sense,Motorola,Samsung) (If u are, then use option 11 and drag the required framework, eg com.htc.resources, twframework-res...etc)
5. It's not a themed apk (if it is, expect .9 png errors, use as close to stock as possible)
6. Look at the log to know whats happening
7. If all else fails, post as much info as possible and we will try to assist you.

TO DO LIST
Add new feature to Randomly Generate a new Key File for signing the apk files after modifying and recompiling of the apk files this will also allow of uploading to the android market as this added feature will allow you to sign apk files that you may of compiled without signing beforehand.

Modify the Signapk script to be compatible with the Randomly Generation feature in the works
and a few other added features are in the works as I am redesigning the application and rewriting a lot of the code to fix issues as well as some of the new features have broken parts as some features have been moved and broken some command line prompts.

Downloads:

Please Visit the website at APK Multi-Tools

Source Code

STABLE RELEASES at [email protected]
EXPERIMENTAL RELEASES at [email protected]

Please check back daily or weekly as this project is under active Development and I am releasing Alpha releases on the website for Testing and bug reports.

Mailing List:
Google Group Email mailing List

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Minor updates to the website which includes a new section called blog which will be the official news and updates as well as a new mobile application that its in alpha testing which you can get the download link off the blog

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
APK Multi-Tools Version 1.0.6 Now Release

Removed the need to have the Android SDK Installed
Fixed Issue with the KEEP FOLDER Being Broken
Set Default Heap to 512MB
Update Version to APK Multi-Tools 1.0.6
Fixed Error Message for LOG Number to the Correct Number
Fixed Error Message for APK Project number

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
APK Multi-Tool Windows Version 1.0.7 Released
Version 1.0.7
Updated to next minor build number
Updated Setup.bat Fixing Installing Framework-Res
Fixed Issue With 'apktool' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file."
Fixed Issue with Installing Framework-Res pointing to a incorrect folder that no longer exist
Fixed Issue when Running Installing Framework-Res scripts that the scripts will close after installing instead of going back to the menu.
Updated APKTOOL.JAR to 1.4.9
Added Custom AAPT that was built to work with JELLY BEAN
Fixed issues with setup
Made a few changes to the setup bat to fix alignment size and other misc issues
Fixed Spelling
Did some changes to see if I can fix the issue with The keep option to work with none system applications.
Trying to get batch optionmize to work
Replacing odt with a actual manual in html
Fixed Bug with KEEP Folder not exstracting for None System Applicaitons
Tweaked how the Signed and Unsigned files are compiled adding a small underscore between the recompiled file and the added prefix added by the scripts
Tweaked the option 11 for non system apks
I added the option to allow you to transfer the old key file over to the apk in case you did minor changes so be careful to test the APK files as some will need you to pick the unsigned option depending on how drastic the changes you made and forcing you to have to resign them
Renamed recompiled system files
Renamed the unsigned_ to signed_System_ since the system file changes the signature files are transfered since they are actually signed already instead of the misconception that has been going on for a while

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
APK Multi-Tools Version 1.0.8 Now Released

Version 1.0.8
Seperated the compiler into two options
Updated APKTOOL.JAR to apktool version 1.4.10

this release fixes many of the compiler issues as well as fixed a bug introduced with the update to the keep folder option.

I need to do further testing and need more progress reports of the files as I cant test them due to not having a development computer right now luckly I was able to do this quick release while at the salon because I had to pick up my wife.

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
APK Multi-Tools Version 1.0.9 Now Released

Version 1.0.9
Fixed the broken Option menu list
Fixed the broken Complier scripts for system Files
Fixed the broken Complier scripts for non system Files
Added the ability to create Signed None System APK files with both the keep folder option and to bypass the keep folder
Added the Option to create unsigned APK Files with out using the keep folder

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a lot of bug Fixes added thus far and I am working on the last few bugs and should be ready for release of version 1.0.10.

I have already tracked down the last bugs but it is late and I will save it for tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR CDMA XT912 using Tapatalk 2

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have gotten a lot of work done yesterday and fixed some issues with the compiler script. Also finally fixed the decompiler switch so it now actually works. I started working on writing the documentation on the switch in the manual.html. I have also gotten a lot more other things fixed or improved. Check out Github to see all changes.

Version 1.0.10 is almost here just need to test a few things and track down a few more issues that have been reported.

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
APK Multi-Tools Version 1.0.10 is now released
Rewriten how ADB is detected and used in the script
Minor Changes to the SETUP.BAT Fixing MISC Issues
Fixed ADB PUSH for SYSTEM Files as it was pointed at the wrong files
Minor Tweaks to zipalign
Updated apktool.jar to v1.5.0 (Released September 2 - 2012 ) Codename : Pikmin
* Fix for colours being decompiled with improper hex colours
* Fix for <string-array> being treated as array on occasion
* Support for Mac OS X user:home, instead of dumping frames into /home
* Updated internal framework.jar to API16
* Added <user-sdk> reading to insert into apktool.yml to help with aapt building
* Added --verbose mode to output contents of AAPT (note this is a HUGE output). Only used for debugging.
* Ignore bootclasspath on debug mode. (Causes some classes in smali to be fail decompile)
Updated AAPT to the latest Custom Build
Fixed Decompiler Switch to Actually work
Fixed Compiler script Errors
Replaced The OLD MANUEL HTML File with a Actual Help Doctument
Updated the README
Added Raw Mode to the Decompiler Switch

Please Visit the website for downloading the applicaiton

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been working on some major changes to APK Multi-Tools so please check out the EXPERIMENTAL RELEASE for the updated changes.

I am working on some PRO Features for the application as well on the site which will be TOTALLY OPTIONAL and will not affect how the application works.

Mainly these features will AUTOMATE things SUCH as Keeping the APKTOOL.JAR updated and to make sure that APK Multi-Tool is always Updated without having to manually go to a website and download the latest update this option will do all this for you. and because these features will have heavy SERVER USAGE there will be a small fee of some type to use them I have not decided on a rout to this or to even add this feature to the project. I know there is a check for update feature in the setup.bat which is one of the pro features I have already added the code already just not enabled it as APK Multi-tool is a OPEN BETA right now. I am just in need of input to what needs to be added and what are the thoughts of you guys who actually use this

You can click this CHANGELOG link for more information on what I have done thus far for the up coming release.

or

VIEW THE CHANGELOG HERE

Version 1.0.11
Moved DEPENDENCY FILES to its own bat file which fixed issue with installing a DEPENDENCY would close the setup.bat
Updated to ApkTool v1.5.2-SNAPSHOT
-Fixed (issue #299) - output smali filename errors to screen during rebuild instead of filestream
-Only show the --aapt / -a info in verbose mode.
-Fixed (issue #392) - Don't crash out if .git folder isn't present. Use SNAPSHOT-DEV instead.
-Fixed (issue #67) - Only store compressed resources.arsc if original was compressed, otherwise STORE.
-Moved build.gradle files to each sub-project, more organization :)
-Fixed (issue #394) - Prevented duplicated files in final jar which saved around 1.2mb.
-Added Proguard to drop final jar size from 6.2mb to 2.6mb.
-Fixed (issue #395) - Added check for "aapt" in unit-tests.
-Added ability to use "--frame-path" on [if|install-framework]
-Fixed renaming of ".r.9.png" images -> ".9.png".
-Added ability to use --version to print out Apktool version
Fixed Compiler Issues Hopefully when recompiling
Hopefully fixed a bug introduced into the application which would cause keep folder items not being copied over after removing changed files causing corrupted apk files
Updated Custom Build of AAPT for MIUI SUPPORT
UPDATE ANDROID SDK TOOLS to API 17
Fixed Issue #10 Decompilation fails when resource processing begins
Removed unneeded ping request
Fixed Bug with Viewing the LOGS for the SETUP.BAT​

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
APK Multi-Tools Version 1.0.11 NOW released

Version 1.0.11
Moved DEPENDENCY FILES to its own bat file which fixed issue with installing a DEPENDENCY would close the setup.bat
Updated to ApkTool v1.5.2
-Fixed (issue #299) - output smali filename errors to screen during rebuild instead of filestream
-Only show the --aapt / -a info in verbose mode.
-Fixed (issue #392) - Don't crash out if .git folder isn't present. Use SNAPSHOT-DEV instead.
-Fixed (issue #67) - Only store compressed resources.arsc if original was compressed, otherwise STORE.
-Moved build.gradle files to each sub-project, more organization :)
-Fixed (issue #394) - Prevented duplicated files in final jar which saved around 1.2mb.
-Added Proguard to drop final jar size from 6.2mb to 2.6mb.
-Fixed (issue #395) - Added check for "aapt" in unit-tests.
-Added ability to use "--frame-path" on [if|install-framework]
-Fixed renaming of ".r.9.png" images -> ".9.png".
-Added ability to use --version to print out Apktool version
Fixed Compiler Issues Hopefully when recompiling
Hopefully fixed a bug introduced into the application which would cause keep folder items not being copied over after removing changed files causing corrupted apk files
Updated Custom Build of AAPT for MIUI SUPPORT
UPDATE ANDROID SDK TOOLS to API 17
Fixed Issue #10 Decompilation fails when resource processing begins
Removed unneeded ping request
Fixed Bug with Viewing the LOGS for the SETUP.BAT
Added the ability to pull Dependencies directly from your phone to use to install using the setup scripts
Fixed bug with Theme porter not functioning
Cosmetic changes to the source.

can be downloaded off the official website Google it also can get it off these android forums XDA-developers droidforums and rootzwiki as well as off the stable release link on github and many other locations feel free to test it out and report any issues

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There has been some major updates done to the experimental build for the up coming Version 1.0.12
Fixed Compiler bug with option 3 and 4 for none system files.
Fixed Set current project option not working properly
Added the ability to set compression level of the Resources.arsc
Changed the name of recompiled System Applications from unsigned to system to keep the two from being confused
Code Clean up clearing out unused code
UPDATED to apktool-cli-1.5.3-SNAPSHOT
-Updated to smali/baksmali to v1.4.2
-Fixed (issue #396) - Correctly handle android:debuggable while in debug mode.
-Fixed (issue #340) - Fixed superclass errors on debug mode.
-Updated to Gradle 1.4
-Updated known bytes for configurations to 38 (from addition of layout direction)
-Fixed NPE when handling odex apks even with --no-src specified. (Thanks Rodrigo Chiossi)
-Fixed (issue #427) - Correctly handles `--frame-path` on uild
Added smali/baksmali for adding new up coming Deodex features
Added now when compiling with option 12 when you choose option 3 and 4 it names the apk files to show they have the origianl signature keys
Added new Signing method for signing apk files. With this new method the key used has a shelf life of 1000 years and also apks files signed with this key is able to be published on the android market
Added new checks to cleaning up old recompiled apk files before recompiling again.
Added pause breaks into option 12 so that users can check to see if anything went wrong in the recompiling method when using the keep folder option.
Updated option 13 to use a alternative to a signing method which uses the Java_Home Enviroment Varable which needs to point to for example mine is set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_41
Added Batch Decompile option
Added Batch Compile option
Completely rewrote how recompiled apk files are stored so to not clutter up the place-apk-here-for-modding as that folder is just for storing unmodified apk files.
Updated the signer location to match up with the changes to how modified apk files are handled

I am planning on some more major tweaks before I plan on releasing the next release but listed above I'd just a taste of what's to come

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LATEST CHANGELOG FOR THE EXPERIMENTAL BUILD

Code:
<br />
Version 1.0.12 (TBA)<br />
Fixed Compiler bug with option 3 and 4 for none system files.<br />
Fixed Set current project option not working properly<br />
Added the ability to set compression level of the Resources.arsc<br />
Changed the name of recompiled System Applications from unsigned to system to keep the two from being confused<br />
Code Clean up clearing out unused code <br />
UPDATED to apktool-cli-1.5.3-SNAPSHOT<br />
v1.5.3 (TBA)<br />
-Updated to smali/baksmali to v1.4.2<br />
-Fixed (issue #396) - Correctly handle [URL=android:debuggable]android:debuggable[/URL] while in debug mode.<br />
-Fixed (issue #340) - Fixed superclass errors on debug mode.<br />
-Updated to Gradle 1.4<br />
-Updated known bytes for configurations to 38 (from addition of layout direction)<br />
-Fixed NPE when handling odex apks even with --no-src specified. (Thanks Rodrigo Chiossi)<br />
-Fixed (issue #427) - Correctly handles `--frame-path` on [b]uild<br />
Added smali/baksmali for adding new up coming  Deodex features<br />
Added now when compiling with option 12 when you choose option 3 and 4 it names the apk files to show they have the original signature keys<br />
Added new Signing method for signing apk files. With this new method the key used has a shelf life of 1000 years and also apks files signed with this key is able to be published on the android market<br />
Added new checks to cleaning up old recompiled apk files before recompiling again.<br />
Added pause breaks into option 12 so that users can check to see if anything went wrong in the recompiling method when using the keep folder option.<br />
Updated option 13 to use a alternative to a signing method which uses the Java_Home Environment Variable which needs to point to for example mine is set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_41<br />
Added Batch Decompile option<br />
Added Batch Compile option<br />
Completely rewrote how recompiled apk files are stored so to not clutter up the place-apk-here-for-modding as that folder is just for storing unmodified apk files.<br />
Updated the signer location to match up with the changes to how modified apk files are handled<br />
Added support to Xperia devices given the ability to install the dependencies <br />
Added SemcGenericUxpRes pull support<br />
Fixed the issue with changes not happening when compiling the scripts using the wrong resources.arsc<br />
Fixed broken zipalign scripts<br />
Added the options to allow you to choose  to use the original AndroidManifest.xml when not using the keep folder options when compiling apk files.<br />
Added the options to allow you to choose  to use the original AndroidManifest.xml when not using the keep folder options when compiling system apk files.<br />
Added the ability to open the project after decompiling the apk files<br />
Added support for Jar files<br />
NEW Splash Screen<br />
Rewritten the system pull scripts to make dynamic installation of the dependencies more robust.<br />
Added support for pulling the needed files to install the dependcies for the Xnote<br />

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For though who do not know I have been on medical leave on short term disability which means my paychecks have been cut in half due to a spinal injury which I go seen the spinal surgeon august 6th. I been out on medical leave since the last week of may. On top of this my wife's mother passed away June 17th. She did not have life insurance so me and my wife have to pay out of pocket and some how have to come up with 4 grand plus car payment and utilities by the end of this month which two grand of this is so we can pay so we can claim her ashes. Plus I lost my other two jobs because I can't work or else I would not be worried but because my main job pay is only half of what it is normally and the income of the other two jibs are completely gone that leaves my wife's income which is only around 800-900a month I was bringing in around the same thing with all my jobs because my main job was where my health insurance came out which is 1200 a month for me my wife and son and my mother n law was paying 900 a month as well but now her passing away we are trying to disperly get by until I can go back to work. It would not so bad if we did not have to pay the 2 grand to pay for the funeral but because of that we are at a loss to what to do.

On other news

I will try and fix this last reported issue today

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts