Android OS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
I gave up on 2.2 as it doesn't make any sense to try porting an outdated OS, so I'm beginning a slow attempt at porting 2.3 AOSP. Chances are that some other developer will get it done eons before I do, but I'm gonna try anyways.

EDIT: there have been enough requests for a 2.2 AOSP rom that I'm building 2.2 again. I wiped my hackintosh partition to install Ubuntu and follow the actual build guide, instead of trying to hack together the dependencies on my normal Linux distro. It built completely, but was missing parts of webcore, so I'm slowly adding parts from the Samsung platform, we'll see what happens.

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got my first compile put together and flashed, but it dies on PowerManagerService. I'll continue testing/work, anyone have any ideas on what I might try to fix the powermanagerservice?

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok just kidding, reflashed after wiping first, and found that it can't find libwebcore, even though it's sitting in system/lib.

·
Developer
6 Posts
I'll be sure to help as well when i get my SK4G

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
To those with more experience than me, I'm currently stuck at the flashing/edify scripting stage of testing, and can't go anywhere from there. It appears that everything flashes, but I never get any adb logcat when I boot up. Any assistance to a n00b dev trying to get some work started is appreciated.

Ok, moving forward, i'm into booting, now stuck without libwebcore, even though it's under /system/lib/libwebcore.so.

attached is my logcat.

View attachment 319

Attachments

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that there is no real reason in trying to port 2.2, and I'm beginning an attempt at porting 2.3 instead.

As an update to my current status:
Working on compiling 2.3, currently stuck with an error on compiling libaudioflinger
Current error:
libelfcopy: Warning: DW_FORM_data8 is unsupported when sizeof (unsigned long) != 8
target SharedLib: libandroid (out/target/product/sidekick4g/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_intermediates/LINKED/libandroid.so)
prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/sidekick4g/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudioflinger_intermediates/AudioPolicyService.o: in function android::AudioPolicyService::AudioPolicyService():frameworks/base/services/audioflinger/AudioPolicyService.cpp:83: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioPolicyManagerBase::AudioPolicyManagerBase(android::AudioPolicyClientInterface*)'
prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/sidekick4g/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudioflinger_intermediates/AudioPolicyService.o: in function android::AudioPolicyService::AudioPolicyService():frameworks/base/services/audioflinger/AudioPolicyService.cpp:83: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioPolicyManagerBase::AudioPolicyManagerBase(android::AudioPolicyClientInterface*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/target/product/sidekick4g/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudioflinger_intermediates/LINKED/libaudioflinger.so] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
target SharedLib: libaudioeffect_jni (out/target/product/sidekick4g/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudioeffect_jni_intermediates/LINKED/libaudioeffect_jni.so)

UPDATE:
I built the system just fine, but in building an otapackage it told me I have a malformed recovery.fstab. So I rewrote it from scratch, following the other Galaxy line phones as a model. I had to make clean to add it, so now it's rebuilding.

CURRENT UPDATE:
rebuilding with a GB init.rc, as it requires some differences, was getting a missing x509keymanager error when trying to boot.

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm back to trying to build CM6 for the SK4g, So frustrated by the Touchwiz overlay. currently stuck on issues with the audio proprietaries, as I'm using the Voodoo audio libs, so I may need to pull stock libs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey, i'd like to help out if i can. i have the phone, and i don't mind getting dirty with trying to do a build; i'm just not sure where to start. is there a canonical way of going about this? i'd like to start, and see whether i can get to the point you're stuck at.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts