Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Average Android
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is in the very very early stages but here's what I have so far...

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

·
Average Android
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a couple more screenshots.

Updated Notification area...

Homescreen default wallpaper...

This really has nothing to do with Doctor Who but I turned the SMS/MMS icon from 2D to 3D...

USB promt Android Guy with Tom Baker's (4th Doctor) scarf on...(I might expand a little on his costume)

USB connected promt Android Guy dressed as Peter Davison (5th Doctor)...

·
Average Android
97 Posts
I'm using the TW4 launcher for this dockbar. (This is more of an idea right now. I need to clean the picture up some more.)
It's a bank of monitors that were copied straight from the real Tardis console of the 1980s. It's actually one monitor copied, pasted and blended to look like a whole bunch.
I like it cause it gives a little bit of the impression that you're operating the Tardis console to access those apps.

This dockbar setup is what I'm experimenting with on the GummyCharge AOSP launcher.
I changed the app icon to a section of the late 70s-early 80s console; on the left is the old telephone that is inside the Tardis's front door (it looks like shit).
And on the right (browser icon) is the Symbol of Gallifrey, and it needs to be brightened because it doesn't show so well on the phone.

I'm not sure if I want to use TW4 as a base (cause it's really cool and actually working right for a change) or if I want to modify the existing Gummy launcher in a similar way.
I'm gonna have to learn a little more coding and fix some of the TW4 launcher's bugs. I'll probably just use both and do 2 releases.

If anyone has any ideas for the theme, feel free to suggest.

·
Android Apprentice
225 Posts
This looks really awesome, I think your Android guy should be standard in all the gummy themes. Maybe gunnermike can change up the colors of the scarf and suit and incorporate them in each theme? Keep up the good work, I'm excited to try it with the gummy roms. Not sure I love the background but then again I'm not sure what you would use instead...

·
Average Android
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you.
I'll have some extra wallpapers available. Right now i have one other completed and a couple of good ideas that should be easy to do.
I've also decided to put the TW4 idea on hold and focus on Gummy.
I'm really enjoying my stock EE4 experience right now so I'll just edit the rest of the images and when it comes time for coding I'll flash back to Gummy.

I think you will really like what I've done with the battery icon. It's something I've never seen before and very Doctor Who.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge: Stock EE4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts