Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 291 Posts

·
Developer
46 Posts
This is just to keep yall informed now that we have it booting. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO RELEASE SO DONT ASK FOR IT!

8/27/11: JT has been given a charge for development purposes, and has started working on porting the MTD kernel over to the charge. At this moment, it boots, but we do not have working display drivers for MTD / Gingerbread, so that is where the project is now. MTD is a better foundation, and MTD is where we want the rom to be in the long run, so taking the time to get it running right on MTD instead of hacking away at BML will take longer now, but be better later on.

We do have a cooked up version of CM7 booting on the droid charge now, a big thanks to jt1134 for helping us get this far.

Right now its easier to list was does work as apposed to what doesnt:
Power button
Volume rockers
Screen
home and back button
WiFi turns on but wont connect
Accelerometer works

Please keep this thread clean, as we will use this to release beta's when the time comes.

Donations: Guys, I usually dont like asking for donations, but for me personally now i have invested $150 into this project to get the phone, as well as long nights. So if you feel compelled to donate to either or all of us, we would really appreciate it

angel12: http://kan.gd/x35 **** READ MY COMMENT BELOW!!!

jt1134: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=5VL2BXJAFUFSS

imnuts07: http://imnuts.net/j7oOoJ

jt1134 said:
I've completely rebuilt the entire source tree for the charge, and now have a usable base for now. It's a BML based build (/vomit) and is based off of EE4. Source code for the adventurous can be found at: https://github.com/cm7charge

Linked below please find a test/play build from these sources. Many things (radio/camera/gps/etc) DO NOT work right now. I can't really make much progress right now on that front since my device is not activated and has a bad esn. At this time, wifi works, orientation sensors work, all hard buttons work also. Some video codecs, such as LQ youtube and Netflix work as well. Gapps are packaged along with the ROM for now, so you can play around with it for a bit :p

Don't post bug reports, I don't care. I know what's broken. DON'T TOGGLE ANY BRIGHTNESS SETTINGS! Things are ****ed there, if you do, your screen won't turn on after being turned off without a reboot. Again, this is basically just a preview build, not meant as a daily driver so if you whine about something not working, well, welcome to my ignore list. If anyone would like to contribute code to this project, it would be appreciated, as going at it alone gets old quickly :p

http://www.mediafire.com/?lkz2n56dw8k70jp
ang3l12 said:
Well, i came home last night to find that my house had been broken into :( They took my iMac, linux dev box, my moto xoom, and my charge :( so right now i am out of helping the dev team until / if i get that phone replaced. Sorry guys, but know that now that we hae JT working with it, CM7 isnt too far!

·
Android Fanatic
195 Posts
thanks guys I just made a mess in my pants... lol j/k thats awesome though, if you guys need testers I will gladly offer up my Charge

Sent from my Droid Charge using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Beginner
20 Posts
Been waiting to see some more options for this phone. Especially because the fascinate has tons of options!

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
I read this on twitter yesterday. Very exciting stuff! Thanks for putting in the time an $$ for the charge community. I loved CM7 on my OG droid, and would love to have it on my charge.

I remeber reading someone say that the charge is bascially a fascinate interally, with an added LTE radio. Is that true?

·
H.M.F.I.C.
289 Posts
Outstanding! It's great to see more reputable Dev's working on making the Charge an even better Android device.

·
Android Apprentice
8 Posts
I will definitely donate for this very soon. So once it's fully working on the charge, will the development team at CM include nighty updates for our phone then, or would we have to wait to have the newer version ported over to the charge? I

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Synack said:
But don't we have the "updated" Hummingbird Processor? Like the one in the OG Galaxy Tab?
There is no updated Hummingbird. There are two Hummingbird processors, and the second one has a slightly less powerful GPU and it is in the wifi only version of the Galaxy Tab, no other devices. The processors used in all of the phones and carrier galaxy tabs are all the same.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
raptors524 said:
I will definitely donate for this very soon. So once it's fully working on the charge, will the development team at CM include nighty updates for our phone then, or would we have to wait to have the newer version ported over to the charge? I

Thanks guys
It likely won't be unless someone does a lot of work. At the moment, the Thunderbolt doesn't have official CM status because they won't merge the RIL changes for LTE into the CM base code. Once that is done though, it is more likely that it will get merged into mainline, but don't get your hopes up for nightlies.

·
Android Lover
160 Posts
I want to donate as a previous CM7 user and in appreciation of the work you are doing for this project as well as the work done for the other ROMs you might have helped with.

Do you guys care which one of you gets it?

·
Androidophile
35 Posts
Thanks for the hard work all you devs have been putting in on this phone! Maybe we'll even get stable AOSP before Samsung releases gingerbread... :D

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
kkeller87 said:
Do you guys care which one of you gets it?
Pick me, pick me :tongue3:

Really though, I don't care who gets it as it was a team effort, and it will take no less than a team effort to get it working. I have no idea how jt1134 did so much with the Fascinate on his own.

·
Android Lover
160 Posts
imnuts said:
Pick me, pick me :tongue3:

Really though, I don't care who gets it as it was a team effort, and it will take no less than a team effort to get it working. I have no idea how jt1134 did so much with the Fascinate on his own.
haha, fine, ill give it to ang3l12 cause i got the guilt trip from him buying the phone. Do you and jt1134 have one also? perhaps ill donate more later also.

Thanks for working on this project, its gonna be amazing to run CM again. I was quite an enthusiast when I had an EVO.

1 - 20 of 291 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.