Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
http://pastebin.mozilla.org/1375568 <<<20111019 rom (this rom had been idling for at least an hour)

http://pastebin.mozilla.org/1375824 <<<20111105 rom (this rom just shows after i did a fresh install of the rom and been on 5 mins or so)

could someone look at that?

i only use WIFI for my SKYPE
i mean this is my only phone and its VOIP

anyhow i have wireshark running on the AP that this Droid-X is connected to so i can get additional info if anyone needs it

the main thing i am concerned about in that pastebin (dmesg) is the "CONN LOST" areas
as you can see there is a pattern there (i think mine is related to the power saving features or something)
i have wifi sleep policy on NEVER

thanks

ok i changed my network to a bridged with same subnet and here is new results
http://pastebin.mozilla.org/1376657

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
that would be great.
right as i read this i was just about ready to install the stock vzw rom .605 or maybe thinking about downgrading from GB back to froyo

this is my ONLY phone (skype over wifi) it is crucial for me to have this working 100%
my wifi has to stay on all the time no matter what.

btw my moms droid-x has stock vzw .605 rom and hers does disconnect sometimes but nothing like this cm4dx GB

hope its not to big
BTW i seen these same errors on openwrt routers and other distros so it is common with this kernel i believe

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Yup, I'll have to go over some stuff with you sometime soon to try and figure it out. I'm just getting my ass handed to me IRL atm, so might take a day or two. Hopefully I can look over yours and rlenzo's tomorrow and start getting with everybody to figure their problems out. I apologize for the time its taken to get with y'all, but like I said, things been getting crazy here so far.
just pm me in #cvpcs if you want
im usually there and we can prob get it done quick
as you prob know i am very anxious about fixing this.

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
blackadept

i first made my reply on November 6th
today is the 12th
is there anything i can do to help move this along?

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Yes, what happens when you follow the guide (post #1). And I don't think it is power saving.

Sent from my DROIDX
i copied /pds/wifi/nvs_map.bin to /system/etc/wifi/nvs_map.bin

i then edited /init.mapphone_cdma.rc as you said
i then executed it
i powered off phone and then back on and here is what i got
http://pastebin.com/GNp9jHpL

i think it looks like same output dont it?
power save up and down every few seconds

• <6>[ 32.496185] TIWLAN: 4198.179603: TrafficMonitor_ChangeDownTimerStatus: Going to power save, clear wake_lock!!

• <7>[ 32.775604] turning off regulator

• <6>[ 35.975830] TIWLAN: 4201.281316: TrafficMonitor_ChangeDownTimerStatus: Going to active, set wake_lock!!

• <6>[ 37.472747] TIWLAN: 4202.778234: TrafficMonitor_ChangeDownTimerStatus: Going to power save, clear wake_lock!!

• <7>[ 39.242340] turning off regulator

• <7>[ 41.324188] tiwlan0: no IPv6 routers present

• <3>[ 49.536621] binder: release proc 1946, transaction 7613, not freed

• <6>[ 52.970336] TIWLAN: 4218.275792: TrafficMonitor_ChangeDownTimerStatus: Going to active, set wake_lock!!

• <7>[ 54.045684] turning off regulator

• <6>[ 54.972808] TIWLAN: 4220.278264: TrafficMonitor_ChangeDownTimerStatus: Going to power save, clear wake_lock!!

• <6>[ 55.741943] TIWLAN: 4221.047399: TrafficMonitor_ChangeDownTimerStatus: Going to active, set wake_lock!!

• <7>[ 56.787170] turning off regulator

• <6>[ 57.001708] AUDIO_DRIVER:spkr1 = 0x20, spkr2 = 0x0

• <7>[ 63.339385] turning off regulator

• <6>[ 64.238800] TIWLAN: 4229.544256: TrafficMonitor_ChangeDownTimerStatus: Going to power save, clear wake_lock!!

• <6>[ 66.250274] TIWLAN: 4231.555730: TrafficMonitor_ChangeDownTimerStatus: Going to active, set wake_lock!!

• <6>[ 67.746582] TIWLAN: 4233.052038: TrafficMonitor_ChangeDownTimerStatus: Going to power save, clear wake_lock!!

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Hey NP bud glad it helped!

For other poster, if you already have an nvs_map.bin are you still having an issue with your Mac address?

Sent from my DROIDX
do you see my message 2 posts above this one?
you dont see my quotes?
can you show your dmesg and some others too?
why am i the only one showing pastebin?

go on irc
im on freenode and in channel #cvpcs
im en1gma and we can talk there if you want

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
yeah I'm good, preciate the offer tho. Good luck with your wifi tho bud, I hope you get it working correctly.
i knew that wasnt going to do anything.
this has to do with the power saving feature
if anyone wants to try and fix the problem you can see my pastebin 4 posts above this one.
there is a definately problem going to sleep and then active....it is going to sleep and then waking up alot

can someone do a dmesg and see if their droid-x running cm4dx GB is also doing this?
i gonna get my moms droid-x with stock vzw .605 rom and i will take a look at its dmesg and post it also
i could really use some help

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
That is due to your having wakelock issues. Check partial wakelocks and remove said app and you wont have those issues. Wakelocks and wifi aren't the same thing.....

Sent from my DROIDX
yea thats what i mean the wakelocks
and they have something to do with losing wifi
when the wakelocks happen i can look on ly dd-wrt router and look at wireless clients and i can see the clients drops when that happens
not every single time but its close

so what exactly do i need to look for that can be causing this?
i think it has something to do with cm4dx

here are dmesgs of both my droid-x`s both had vzw .605 and both are rooted...only one then got cm4dx (latest as of this post)

http://pastebin.com/D952Q0kU = vzw stock .605 rooted

http://pastebin.com/vb8xPP32 = vzw stock .605 rooted then cm4dx GB

both phones were powered off
both phones turned on exactly same time
both phones on for 1hr and 5mins
both phones sent dmesg to email

they both look alot alike
Successfully put all powerdomains to target state
look for that in both links

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
is anyone gonna even look what i suggested and found about "Successfully put all powerdomains to target state" showing up in the original vzw rom (rooted) and not the cm4dx gb?
i know there are more differences thats just one that i noticed

also can you look out how many more lines are in the pastebin for the cm4dx then there is for the vzw rom?
note:
cm4dx gb only had background data enabled....no sync stuff
the vzw rom had all the google stuff (4 checks = on) and also a skype account.

how can the vzw rom have all this extra stuff on and be 1/2 the size of the cm4dx with only backgroud data enabled?

ok there is a problem somewhere guys im thinking it is on the phone sides and since i have two droid-x`s and the vzw rom stays connected more then the cm4dx gb rom i am thinking its has to do with cm4dx then vzw rom

if this isnt the thread to reply i dont know where is but this is definately a problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts