Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
Android Mechanic
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
What happens if you type "svc wifi start"? Any errors come up? Your interface is not starting for some reason. That's why you are getting your errors I believe. Look thru the dmesg and see what errors its giving for it, or post/pm the logs. Hard to say without having the info.

Also that first line, what was the string you typed? Couldn't really make it out, only ask cause a lot of people mix up the 1 (one) and l (lower case L), well that and I'm appearently blind .... lmao.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
its because the nvs_map.bin file is not being created to root directory "/".

After executing the q command check:

1) /
2) /pds/wifi/
3) /system/etc/wifi/
4) /data/misc/wifi/ **(My guess is its in here)**

Whereever it may be do this command for cp:

HTML:
busybox cp -f /path/to/nvs_map.bin /pds/wifi/nvs_map.bin
and the same for the mv to /system/etc/wifi/nvs_map.bin

HTML:
busybox mv /path/to/nvs_map.bin /system/etc/wifi/nvs_map.bin

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having some trouble getting my phone to create the file. Here's my console (after the dmesg output):

# wlan_cu -itiwlan0 -b
user_main, start
\> Driver/, Connection/, Management/, Show/, Privacy/, scAn/, roaminG/, qOs/, poWer/, eVents/, Bt coexsistance/, Report/, dEbug/, biT/, aboUt, Quit
/ w p 1 l 2 f 2
\> Driver/, Connection/, Management/, Show/, Privacy/, scAn/, roaminG/, qOs/, poWer/, eVents/, Bt coexsistance/, Report/, dEbug/, biT/, aboUt, Quit
.../poWer> set_Power_mode, set_powersave_powerLevel, set_deFault_powerlevel, set_doZe_mode_in_auto, traffic_Thresholds, eNable, Disable
/ t r h 0 7
.../biT> Bip/, Radio debug/
.../Radio debug> Get hdk version, cHannel tune, Tx debug/, rx Statistics/
Channel tune of channel 7 was performed OK
/ t b b 375 128 0
.../Bip> update Buffer calref point, Tx bip, Rx bip/
BufferCalReferencePoint was configured succesfully
/ t b t 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
.../Bip> update Buffer calref point, Tx bip, Rx bip/
Open NVS file failed
Why isn't my phone creating this file? Can anyone help out? I'm running this with SuperUser permissions, and the file does not exist in any of the three places mentioned in the OP.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

(I've been looking for a solution to this problem for quite some time. Thanks for posting it!)

EDIT: Currently running CM7 Nightlies, if that makes any difference.

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
http://pastebin.mozilla.org/1375568 <<<20111019 rom (this rom had been idling for at least an hour)

http://pastebin.mozilla.org/1375824 <<<20111105 rom (this rom just shows after i did a fresh install of the rom and been on 5 mins or so)

could someone look at that?

i only use WIFI for my SKYPE
i mean this is my only phone and its VOIP

anyhow i have wireshark running on the AP that this Droid-X is connected to so i can get additional info if anyone needs it

the main thing i am concerned about in that pastebin (dmesg) is the "CONN LOST" areas
as you can see there is a pattern there (i think mine is related to the power saving features or something)
i have wifi sleep policy on NEVER

thanks

ok i changed my network to a bridged with same subnet and here is new results
http://pastebin.mozilla.org/1376657

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
that would be great.
right as i read this i was just about ready to install the stock vzw rom .605 or maybe thinking about downgrading from GB back to froyo

this is my ONLY phone (skype over wifi) it is crucial for me to have this working 100%
my wifi has to stay on all the time no matter what.

btw my moms droid-x has stock vzw .605 rom and hers does disconnect sometimes but nothing like this cm4dx GB

hope its not to big
BTW i seen these same errors on openwrt routers and other distros so it is common with this kernel i believe

·
Android Mechanic
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Yup, I'll have to go over some stuff with you sometime soon to try and figure it out. I'm just getting my ass handed to me IRL atm, so might take a day or two. Hopefully I can look over yours and rlenzo's tomorrow and start getting with everybody to figure their problems out. I apologize for the time its taken to get with y'all, but like I said, things been getting crazy here so far.

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Yup, I'll have to go over some stuff with you sometime soon to try and figure it out. I'm just getting my ass handed to me IRL atm, so might take a day or two. Hopefully I can look over yours and rlenzo's tomorrow and start getting with everybody to figure their problems out. I apologize for the time its taken to get with y'all, but like I said, things been getting crazy here so far.
just pm me in #cvpcs if you want
im usually there and we can prob get it done quick
as you prob know i am very anxious about fixing this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't worry about it, I can relate and really appreciate it. Life's more important than our 'Droids.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
I have not used the emulator yet so could I get some advice on how to go about entering in the commands on step 4?

4) Now enter this series in (The part you enter is green. The rest is what you'll be answered with. Be careful and copy the right stuff and pay attention to the spaces!):
Maybe I am making this out to be more difficult than it really is, but do I enter the entire code at one time or one command at a time? I'm assuming one command at a time.

Any help would be much appreciated as I can flash roms all day, but this emulator confuses me....hehe.

**EDIT** I was able to take the nvs_map.bin from my wife's DX and place it in the /pds/wifi on my DX and it worked fine.....had the same mac address as hers of course, but not sure if this effects anything else though?

Thanks!

·
Android Mechanic
203 Posts
.....really? Please remember that I am a person with a RL ... I am not being paid, which means I have to deal with things that do pay me first, otherwise I don't eat or have a place to live. I made a post telling you and appoligizijg to you for the delay, but remember I have no obligation to help, I do so because I choose to and enjoy doing so, repaying all of those that have helped me. I'd encourage you to show more patience when the IT work is free.

What happens when you do the commands I put in the op? Your wifi is procing and updating properly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 121 Posts