Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Music Composer
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have a Droid X, so I need some devs and end-users to help out. I need logcats for sure. And any input from devs is welcome. Posted below is a non-booting MIUI port attempt. It freezes @ M logo... Could someone take a look at it?

DroidX_MIUI-1.6.10-Test1

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
Yeah, I wish I could help but I just don't know enough. If it's worth teaching me a little something, I'm completely open to learning new things. Let me know!

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
How do I get the logcats if it isn't even booting? Let me know and I'll give it a whirl

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
DroidSloth said:
How do I get the logcats if it isn't even booting? Let me know and I'll give it a whirl
yeah adb logcat wont start till its past the logo i thought i'll try it but dont know of a way to get the logcat.

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
This would be wicked awesome. Will chip in any way that I can, but I'm still learning this stuff. Hopefully will be up to par soon and actually be able to do some good.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
ya this would deff be cool...but on the CVPCS route...doubtful hes got enuf on his plate as it is....but maybe down the road a bit

·
Themer
332 Posts
yeah idk about getting help from him but im sure hed share his source, you might be able to get some of the 2nd init stuff figured out using the new 4.xxx cwm recovery i think it utilizes the 2nd init but i could be wrong about that

·
Developer
331 Posts
It seems to be stuck at the M due to attempts to register non-existent native references such as AssetManager.detachThemePath, .attachThemePath, .getBasePackageCount, .splitThemePackage, etc when initializing the Dalvik VM. I'd be happy to give you the full logcat over PM and possibly help out with the development for this port.

Edit: Manually smali'ing in the native references in framework.jar makes the errors disappear; yet more come up. I got to a point where it was looking for but missing android.server.BluetoothHidService (which indicates conflicting versions, since that's supposed to be in gingerbread), but I don't know enough about the inner-workings of Android to debug further; though I'm sure it's something to do with copying over a file from CM7.

·
Music Composer
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A new test build. Still sticking @ M logo. Can someone check and see if the errors are the same?

DX MIUI Test 2

·
Average Android
149 Posts
Don't know if this will help but I saw metiCkOne say on twitter he is working on this for the d2 you might want to hit him up he thinks he can get it to boot

Sent from a galaxy far far away........

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.