Android OS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
3 Posts
I've tried all the wifi tethers and can't get either one to work; to include the one by joe blow. Is there any other fix's out there.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
5 Posts
"chauncyblack said:
I've tried all the wifi tethers and can't get either one to work; to include the one by joe blow. Is there any other fix's out there.
This is my first post. I use WiFi Tether (aka "Wireless Tether for Root Users") 3.0 *PRE-12 <--- THE PRE-12 is very important, newer versions have bugs on the Charge. Google it. Works great on my Charge running Gummycharged 1.9.1 I use the "device profile" for the Sanding Fascinate (i500) and wpa works flawlessly.

Try this link:
http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/detail?name=wifi_tether_v3_0-pre12.apk

There is a known issue IF you have previously installed Open Garden. Sorry, don't have a link for that fix.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
3 Posts
i tried the solution and still nothing. I can see the android tether option in my connect to wifi window; when i click on it the computer goes through it connection process but then says it can't connect for unknown reason. thanks anyway.
variable7 said:
This is my first post. I use WiFi Tether (aka "Wireless Tether for Root Users") 3.0 *PRE-12 <--- THE PRE-12 is very important, newer versions have bugs on the Charge. Google it. Works great on my Charge running Gummycharged 1.9.1 I use the "device profile" for the Sanding Fascinate (i500) and wpa works flawlessly.

Try this link:
http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/detail?name=wifi_tether_v3_0-pre12.apk

There is a known issue IF you have previously installed Open Garden. Sorry, don't have a link for that fix.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
2 Posts
I had very good results with the BETA 2 apk. Just an FYI though, Verizon is apparently really cracking down on using tether outside of their app. Rumor has it, if they catch you, you lose the unlimited data if you are on it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
395 Posts
"variable7 said:
This is my first post. I use WiFi Tether (aka "Wireless Tether for Root Users") 3.0 *PRE-12 <--- THE PRE-12 is very important, newer versions have bugs on the Charge. Google it. Works great on my Charge running Gummycharged 1.9.1 I use the "device profile" for the Sanding Fascinate (i500) and wpa works flawlessly.

Try this link:
http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/detail?name=wifi_tether_v3_0-pre12.apk

There is a known issue IF you have previously installed Open Garden. Sorry, don't have a link for that fix.
What is the issue of you have installed open garden? And what is the fix?
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
3 Posts
waywardzeek said:
Rumor has it, if they catch you, you lose the unlimited data if you are on it.
That'd be incredibly stupid on their part. If anything they'd just move you onto the tethering plan without your consent like AT&T, albeit after plenty of warning.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
5 Posts
"Birthofahero said:
What is the issue of you have installed open garden? And what is the fix?
Same symptoms as my previous post.
Start tether and it works fine.
Turn it off fine.
Can't turn it on again without rebooting the phone.

Delete the file (or rename to be cautious!) Mentioned here:
http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/issues/detail?id=1000

Think it is /data/data/android.tether

Apparently Open Garden screws with that file so other tether apps have problems.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
395 Posts
"variable7 said:
Same symptoms as my previous post.
Start tether and it works fine.
Turn it off fine.
Can't turn it on again without rebooting the phone.

Delete the file (or rename to be cautious!) Mentioned here:
http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/issues/detail?id=1000

Think it is /data/data/android.tether

Apparently Open Garden screws with that file so other tether apps have problems.
Great, thanks.
I uninstalled open garden and installed pre 12 (before deleting the file you mentioned) and it works fine. Although after a while it seems to not get a response from the 4G which requires me to toggle airplane mode.
Could I still delete that file or will it interfere with the pre 12 binaries?
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top