Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 129 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
160 Posts
You should watch my post on the other threat about tethering

Sent from Droid2 Global GB.607 Using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
juv3 said:
You should watch my post on the other threat about tethering

Sent from Droid2 Global GB.607 Using Tapatalk
I have read pretty much every post on this site...lol Thank you for the advice I dont really like the idea of putting a firewall on my phone. I was just providing feedback to the radio mods thats all
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
49 Posts
NV writes and reads is simpler with cdma workshop. I will dig up the info on these memory locations and see if I find anything that will help here. So far it sounds like your all working...? Radiocomm was far more complex, old, and dangerous a tool. Cdma workshop will read to a .txt and can be writen the same way, from .txt file. Does anybody want a full write-up?
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
1,260 Posts
daxxone said:
NV writes and reads is simpler with cdma workshop. I will dig up the info on these memory locations and see if I find anything that will help here. So far it sounds like your all working...? Radiocomm was far more complex, old, and dangerous a tool. Cdma workshop will read to a .txt and can be writen the same way, from .txt file. Does anybody want a full write-up?
Actually, the radiocomm method is much easier than cdmaws.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
Not to mention you need a virtual serial port for cdma workshop. TBH that tool is really only good if you're trying to change the ESN.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
49 Posts
"aceoyame said:
Not to mention you need a virtual serial port for cdma workshop. TBH that tool is really only good if you're trying to change the ESN.
I only use it for reading spc and nv read and write. Esn changes are problematic and illegal! I thought some running Win7 x64 may have issues running the radiocomm. Qpst can do nv editing but is wanky at times doing it. And again needs a virtual serial port. QXDM can also be useful for this editing, needs virtual serial port, and command line skill, with proprietary commands. QXDM will help you know what these nv items are.

Really, just wanted to offer something more to rootzwiki. If anyone wants the info, more than one request and I'll make a write-up, w/pics. For those that this works well for, awesome! Glad the last nv item was a help.

I will post more info on what those nv items are for later this week.
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Ok, here is what I did, and have to report tether works AND 3g stays blue :)
I reverted the radio settings back to stock, and used qpst and changed the tether NAI string, remove the dun from [email protected] so it read [email protected] .
Then I went into radiocom and modified only element 8041 and 8091 to match 8040.
I then installed wifi tether beta 6 and went into settings and select Routing Fix.

I have used tether a few times today and 3g NEVER dropped or turned white :)
When I used wireless tether for root users it did turn white, if i toggled the radio to gsm and then back to cdma it would come back blue.

-Richard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
audinutt said:
Ok, here is what I did, and have to report tether works AND 3g stays blue :)
I reverted the radio settings back to stock, and used qpst and changed the tether NAI string, remove the dun from [email protected] so it read [email protected] .
Then I went into radiocom and modified only element 8041 and 8091 to match 8040.
I then installed wifi tether beta 6 and went into settings and select Routing Fix.

I have used tether a few times today and 3g NEVER dropped or turned white :)
When I used wireless tether for root users it did turn white, if i toggled the radio to gsm and then back to cdma it would come back blue.

-Richard
How do you use qpst?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Actually this is interesting I installed beta 6 and have the current settings as audinutt in the above posted without changing the tether NAI string because I dont know how.
Here are my results....
-I run open garden I can tether but when I shut it off 3G Icon is white and I'm not connected to google services.
Reboot or Airplane mode trick to get back to everything working then:
-I run wireless tether for root users and tethering works IN ADDITION the 3G icon never changes white its still blue even while tethering is active! So I shut down tether and relaunched open garden to see if it would kill the 3G connection and it DID NOT. Weird in my eyes because I truly don't understand this but it would seem that the beta 6 release may be the fix ? ? ?

At any rate I'll stop flooding this thread and hope my feedback can help. I think I will leave my settings the way they are since I dont have any issues and just use wireless tether for root users beta 6 and remove open garden.

Thanks again for the help!
Keith
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
13 Posts
This should be for Droid2 as well correct? I have issues with my D2. I am fully aware of the Airplane mode workaround, but I was looking for a more permanent solution. Anyone done this on a plain old droid 2?
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
49 Posts
"kaneda_77 said:
This should be for Droid2 as well correct? I have issues with my D2. I am fully aware of the Airplane mode workaround, but I was looking for a more permanent solution. Anyone done this on a plain old droid 2?
Works on D2, D2G, DX, OGDROID.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
49 Posts
audinutt said:
I really wish i knew what element ID 8042 and 8043 are for....

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!
http://mobile5.in/forums/index.php?/topic/105-motorola-droid-programing/

This is The best information I found on what they are for. Maybe not the answer you are looking for, but I think this helps. This is CDMAWS stuff again, sorry. Posted it for the informational value. Looking at this makes me think the 'dun." is getting removed from the hex codes, so you can tether without the tether server, just of the phones normal pass through.
Be aware of the information in that site; it is full of bad english and typos, re-read what everyone has posted here before using it for your phone.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
49 Posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1016158

Found this, had the write-up for cdmaws, and this is for switching carriers, but this is why thise of us on another carrier have wifi tether working. All moto droids connect the same for this operation. sbf will rewrite these settings, and some updates will rewrite them also. They are using the purchased version of cdmaws, but the parts that are not in the pirated copy on the web, can be don with qpst. You can see what you wrote in qpst in english rather than hex, and verify what was writen. The best part of this write-up is the adb option for doing this same stuff. Don't know if it work with these phones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Based on audinutt's instructions... This is all I did and I do not have to reboot phone after tethering nor do the "airplane mode on/off toggle"
My 3G connection stays active!

Running Droid 2 Global Gingerbread leaked .607 Rooted.

-Open Radiocom, Now click the upper Left where it says MA> select common, and check MDM 6x00
-Next under menu settings, goto USB and select PST driver.
-Plug in phone to pc and put it in PC Mode.
-Radio Detection in the upper right corner should appear green. (A few drivers might install the first time you plug it in)
-Now use the arrow buttons on the right side of the screen to scroll over to the P2K4 Tab and select it.
*** Makes sure you selected the DEC button *** then make the following changes
Element ID : 8040
Record #: 1
Offset : 0
Length :128

-Press the RDELEM button, this should cause the info box in the upper right to turn GREEN and populate information.
-Below the RDELEM button the Data (HEX Only) field should now have a 128byte string, highlight the entire string and right -click and copy the string.
-Now change The Element ID to 8041 and hit STELEM.
-Now change The Element ID to 8091 and hit STELEM.
-Reboot phone....

Install wifi tether version 3 beta ----->6<---- (This part seemed key for me, had to be this rev for it to work) again this was just for me.

Rock out with your Tether out.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
7 Posts
I followed the instructions on the first page yesterday and everything works minus having to toggle airplane mode after using the wifi. I wanted to know if I wanted to try the steps in post #58 if I could do them over what I've already done or do I have to put everything back to stock and to do that do I just copy the 128bit string from an early post and paste it and hit STELEM or do I have to sbf back to .330 and then reinstall the prerooted version?
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
49 Posts
"SamuraiAG said:
I followed the instructions on the first page yesterday and everything works minus having to toggle airplane mode after using the wifi. I wanted to know if I wanted to try the steps in post #58 if I could do them over what I've already done or do I have to put everything back to stock and to do that do I just copy the 128bit string from an early post and paste it and hit STELEM or do I have to sbf back to .330 and then reinstall the prerooted version?
That is a site with information, not wireless tether hacking. It provides information on what NV items are for that have been getting changed here.

What you did is the same as them, just not as many NV changes. There is no need to sbf, just copy the hex string from one of the reads you didn't change, if you wish to go back to what you had before. No need to switch software either.

To change more than what the OP instructed here has given mixed results. Those that posted the result tell what NV items they changed.

The first post is updated almost Daily, just watch it and you will get up to date, best settings. He is doing an awesome job on providing the informationon and listening to the feedback.
 
41 - 60 of 129 Posts
Top