Android OS Forum banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so I am new to rooting my phone and all that so please help me.

The main reason I wanted to root my phone was to get Wifi Tethering. So far I have sucessfully rooted and backed up my phone using ROM Manager. I am running the stock GB and cannot get Open Garden, Wifi Tether or Barnicle to work.

I followed the updated instructions at the very top of this post and nothing changed. Barnicle still does nothing but take my devices to the Verizon Hotspot Page and Wifi Tethering when I hit start tethering transmits no data to or from my phone, and the icon is yellow, is it suppose to be yellow?

Now that I have done the radio hack I am not sure if I should continue down this path, use an sbf and start over or try and flash a different ROM that hopefully wouldn't have these problems.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ok, so I am new to rooting my phone and all that so please help me.

The main reason I wanted to root my phone was to get Wifi Tethering. So far I have sucessfully rooted and backed up my phone using ROM Manager. I am running the stock GB and cannot get Open Garden, Wifi Tether or Barnicle to work.

I followed the updated instructions at the very top of this post and nothing changed. Barnicle still does nothing but take my devices to the Verizon Hotspot Page and Wifi Tethering when I hit start tethering transmits no data to or from my phone, and the icon is yellow, is it suppose to be yellow?

Now that I have done the radio hack I am not sure if I should continue down this path, use an sbf and start over or try and flash a different ROM that hopefully wouldn't have these problems.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Did you receive all green messages when using radio comm?

I would try wifi tether again, look at your settings for the app choose Droid X for the profile and set your SSID and password to what you want it to be. Once you click start tethering it should be yellow. You should now see a wireless network available on your computer with whatever name you set your SSID to be in settings of wifi tether.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I just tried the hack on 4.5.629 and this is what i got back...

Sending 'RDELEM' command with data '1F68000100000080' to the radio...
Sent to radio:
TC Send Header: 000400200000000000000008
TC Send Data: 1F68000100000080

Returned from radio:
TC Receive Header:
TC Receive Data:

RDELEM ==>FAILED
Driver answer ==> -256
Error Description ==> PST: Handle to device is invalid - no device present
Time to execute command: 0 seconds.
Command timeout set to : 15 seconds.

Radio Detection is green and all of the settings were properly set.

·
Android Lover
197 Posts
That's bad.. I no longer use my d2g....
MOTO has really closed off all of our workarounds and exploits....
If they would actually unlock bootloaders I would purchase another MOTO device... But that is why I am using a thunderbolt now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

121 - 129 of 129 Posts