Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Android Beginner
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rooted my phone yesterday, tried to install a wireless tether app from the market neither of them work. the first one i tried was by Muller,Lemon,Buxton. when i first install it jus takes forever so i wait and i waited for like 10 mins. then i tried rebooting and doing it then still takes forever and nothin so go back and re try it without reboot or exiting the app i press it again and it say tethering started with errors please go to show log says setting channel failed, setting essid failed, setting ad-hoc mode failed, activating WIFI interface failed. Please anyone help i am new to this jus trying to figure it all out please and thank you

· Android Beginner
13 Posts
DrMacinyasha said:
How does it not work? Did you make sure to give it root permissions? What kernel are you running?
Yes I did and it comes on but won't let me connect I downloaded another version and when I try and connect to another phone it won't obtain my IP address

Kernal Version - 2.6.37.6-cyanogenmod-01493-g70877de [email protected] #1

· Android Beginner
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EndlessDissent said:
If you're using MIUI, 3rd party apps are known to break Wifi tethering for a lot of people. Use the native feature. Settings -> System -> Tethering & Portable Hotspot. Just turn it on and configure it.
I did that and everytime i try it shuts down my entire phone so idk what else to do or whatelse i should download because it kinda sux any other roms that works well with this tethering app or whatever jus gonna need help to putting a different rom on it so help please

· Android Beginner
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EndlessDissent said:
Have you uninstalled the app? If not, do that, and try again. I'm not sure why it would lock up your entire phone.
yea unistalled it and reinstalled multiple times and still nothing so i dont kno what else to do i might jus be like forget it, its getting irritating so idk if u got some other suggestions jus let me kno

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.