Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Supporting Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find this process annoying as hell. I can't seem to find any way to do this. It just seems the only way is get rid of windows all together or using the live cd. I'm really tempted also to get rid of it.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I find this process annoying as hell. I can't seem to find any way to do this. It just seems the only way is get rid of windows all together or using the live cd. I'm really tempted also to get rid of it.
Ubuntu desktop has issues with RAID from my experience. Generally it's one or the other, and then even then, Ubuntu still gives me issues.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
If you don't need Windows for anything GPU intensive, you could boot it in a virtual machine (like an easy to configure one such as vmware workstation or virtualbox).

However, if you want to deal with more manual configuration, the Xen hypervisor also has support for GPU passthrough from the host system as well, but when I looked into a year or so ago, it was only in the preliminary stages of support. Probably better now. With that though, you can run any guest OS and get nearly full performance out of the guest OS + it recognizes your hardware GPU.

http://nimbledais.com/?p=21

My ideal setup would be a minimal base install of the very stable Debian with the Xen Hypervisor running from that and Guest operating systems running Windows and Kubuntu (and switching back and forth as needed with the tapping of a hotkey).

·
? - ???
1,158 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts