Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, first post here on rootz, I've been trying with not much/any success to hack the webtop to allow it to run on any hdmi like the atrix was hacked,
Attached is the atrix three files, deodex files, and recompiled apks that were altered, and the three deodex and recompiled bionic apks that are stock. If anyone can find the way the atrix was modded and do the same to bionic apks that would be awesome!
http://db.tt/3Y1YTC9e

·
Android Beginner
44 Posts
I saw on engadget where someone had theirs hooked up to the nav screen in their car. Maybe there are some instructions there. He was using google maps in the picture. It also ran to the tvs mounted in the headrests

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Member
57 Posts
I was under the impression it already ran on any HDMI? Did I not understand that correctly? ... Or that atleast some webtop like interface could be run through HDMI to any screen... And a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse could be used instead of the webtop dock

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"yurdle said:
I was under the impression it already ran on any HDMI? Did I not understand that correctly? ... Or that atleast some webtop like interface could be run through HDMI to any screen... And a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse could be used instead of the webtop dock
No, when u connect hdmi the only options are gallery, mirror, and I think do nothing. No webtop.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
"smalltownbird said:
I saw on engadget where someone had theirs hooked up to the nav screen in their car. Maybe there are some instructions there. He was using google maps in the picture. It also ran to the tvs mounted in the headrests

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
what he did was connected and hd dock, which is only usb, but he altered his Dock to also connect hdmi, if u read his post he found that it activated webtop my accident, when u dock the phone, the script looks to see what it is docked to, and responds correspondingly. The laptop is in a nut shell a hd dock with hdmi. So with his moddified hd dock he can lunch webtop because the phone sees it as a laptop/webtop device. What I am trying to do it alter the script in the apks to not check dock type. And by default give the option to lunch webtop when only a hdmi is connected.

·
Android Beginner
49 Posts
"runandhide05 said:
Ok guys, first post here on rootz, I've been trying with not much/any success to hack the webtop to allow it to run on any hdmi like the atrix was hacked,
Attached is the atrix three files, deodex files, and recompiled apks that were altered, and the three deodex and recompiled bionic apks that are stock. If anyone can find the way the atrix was modded and do the same to bionic apks that would be awesome!
http://db.tt/3Y1YTC9e
Just buy the $99 hdmi webtop dock and you have it on eny hdmi tv

1 - 11 of 11 Posts