Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Nightmare Prince
196 Posts
Download tiny.cc/sodgone via TP.

Install via CWM.

Enjoy no more SOD's
What is the source. Can anyone verify that it is from dalingrin? I am questioning because I never saw dalingrin using a "dropbox".

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
stolen from the cmtouchpad log:

Reported by [email protected], Nov 1 (2 days ago)
What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Allow TP to SOD. Make sure the factory HP charger is plugged into both an outlet and the TP. Record battery level of TP.

2. Allow to sit for 12, 24 or predetermined hours.

3. Hard boot (power/thumb button combo and only if you have SOD) and allow CM7 to boot up. Check the battery level and you will see the TP failed to reacharge directly after SOD.

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?

I had an SOD and minutes before it happened, I noticed the battery was 93% charged, according to animation in lower right corner.

Almost 1 day later, I hard booted TP into CM7 and battery was down to 30%. The TP was plugged into a working outlet the entire time, yet continually lost charge and didn't recharge at all. I have duplicated this on three occasions.

The last time after SOD I left TP plugged into USB/factory wall charger until battery completely drained (giving you the dead battery icon upon boot).

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?

I have a 32GB TP using Tenderloin Alpha 2.1. I did not notice this behavior with alpha 1.x. I am not sure if it is coincidence, but I have multiple SOD's on a daily basis with alpha 2.1 , up to a dozen depending on use. Most fixes haven't worked. I did not have one SOD with alpha 1.x. I have only installed alpha 2.1 once. The same day I installed alpha 2.1, HP automatically updated the HP back up to 3.04 (I tested then uninstalled prior to release) and that is when all my particular issues began. Something is really messed up with the USB/Charging/SOD issue.

Thanks for your efforts on this port. Please let me know if you have any questions...

Comment 1 by [email protected], Nov 2 (2 days ago)
Well, if the system is dead aka Sleep of Death then it won't be able to charge.

If you get frequent SoDs then you try turning off wifi before letting it sleep. I'd like to hear if it makes a difference

Comment 2 by [email protected], Nov 2 (43 hours ago)
I can let you know that my Touchpad 32GB still SoDs even with WiFi off and in Airplane mode, as I just had it happen.

Comment 3 by project member [email protected], Today (3 hours ago)
(No comment was entered for this change.)

Labels: Milestone-Alpha3

·
Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
i only had SOD on a1, a2.2 has been good to me, i installed this anyway, just to see if it effects those that didnt have SOD in a2.2. no ill side effects so far
I believe you mean 2.1...there isn't an Alpha 2.2 release.

·
Nightmare Prince
196 Posts
i only had SOD on a1, a2.2 has been good to me, i installed this anyway, just to see if it effects those that didnt have SOD in a2.2. no ill side effects so far
Same here, No SOD after 2.1, but I will love to see your feed back after this flash. TIA

·
Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
This is not listed as a SOD fix in the CM Touchpad issue tracker...the exact title of this issue (http://code.google.com/p/cmtouchpad/issues/detail?id=473&q=status%3DFixed) is:

SOD causes TP to stop charging

That is a different problem from the original SOD issue.

The original SOD issue (http://code.google.com/p/cmtouchpad/issues/detail?id=75) titled "TP won't wake up(SoD)" is still showing up as "Accepted"...not fixed, Milestone Alpha 3.

So don't assume this will fix SOD...I don't know either way, of course, or about the fix's authenticity, but there's nothing in the issue tracker that indicates that SOD is fixed or that this is a SOD fix in general.

·
Nightmare Prince
196 Posts
This is not listed as a SOD fix in the CM Touchpad issue tracker...the exact title of this issue (http://code.google.c...=status%3DFixed) is:

SOD causes TP to stop charging

That is a different problem from the original SOD issue.

The original SOD issue (http://code.google.c...es/detail?id=75) titled "TP won't wake up(SoD)" is still showing up as "Accepted"...not fixed, Milestone Alpha 3.

So don't assume this will fix SOD...I don't know either way, of course, or about the fix's authenticity, but there's nothing in the issue tracker that indicates that SOD is fixed or that this is a SOD fix in general.
You do have a point but he says Dalingrin sent him today on the IRC channel. So only dalingrin can verify the authenticity of this fix. IMHO

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
Proof straight from DalinGrins twitter if ya'll still dont beleive me....

Tomen8r Tommy
@dalingrin Hay Dalingrin ..i uploaded the uImage you posted on freenode today for SOD's and after 8 hours, not one SOD... will update ..
19 hours ago
in reply to ↑
@dalingrin Erik Hardesty

@Tomen8r sweet

@dalingrin Erik Hardesty

@erangamail @zondajag know how to use irc? Get on #cyanogenmod-touchpad and I might be able to fix
20 hours ago via Seesmic
replies ↓

stevensteve steven
@dalingrin I don't get SOD when Softlocker is installed. I get SOD when Softlocker is uninstalled. Perhaps I can help? IRC invite only atm

http://twitter.com/#!/dalingrin

·
Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
I don't think we have any proof until dalingrin posts here or on the CM Touchpad issues site saying there is a confirmed SOD fix and a broad swath of folks test/confirm...the twitter comments aren't don't show that he has declared victory, and from Twitter we have one person who posted that he hasn't had a SOD in 8 hours...(correction - later tweet he is saying 24 hours). That's a good start, but not confirmation.

I'm not trying to bust your chops or anything, just being my normal cautious self when it comes to announcement of fixes. This hasn't passed what I would consider sufficient testing to declare victory yet, or to be sure it won't cause other new issues.

·
Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
just installed this not 10 minutes ago and whenever i turn my screen off it reboots each time.
Try booting into ClockworkMod Recovery and wipe cache/Dalvik cache (in Advanced) and reboot. Can't hurt, might help.

·
Banned
105 Posts
here are some LOGS from IRC ... to prove this was dalingtins fix

[1:14 pm] <+roadkill> dalingrin> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7175789/update-SoD_be_gone.zip

[1:19 pm] <mauijpm> Dalingrin: Do I just flash your SOD zip in CWM without wipes?
[1:19 pm] * @dalingrin thinking about writing opinion pieces for android/mobile tech sites
[1:19 pm] <@dalingrin> mauijpm: yessir
[1:19 pm] <mauijpm> dalingrin: Thanks much!
[1:21 pm] <@dalingrin> velcroshooz: its a kernel that fixes SoD(sleep of death)

[1:22 pm] <@dalingrin> velcroshooz: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7175789/update-SoD_be_gone.zip
[1:23 pm] <daftykins> i'm surprised nobody gets a shock off those aluminium unibody builds
[1:23 pm] * Quits: mauijpm ([email protected]) (Quit: Yaaic - Yet another Android IRC client - http://www.yaaic.org)
[1:23 pm] <+roadkill> daftykins: I've been waiting for it, myself.
[1:23 pm] <@dalingrin> note its only for SoD issues. so if you don't have SoD then its worthless

·
Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
Slightly OT nagging: For anyone who applies this - when you boot into ClockworkMod Recovery to apply the zip, make a backup first. Presumably you won't need it, but it is always good practice to make a backup before applying a zip. If you've never made a backup before in CW Recovery, this is a good opportunity to make your first.
I can guarantee that at some point while using/updating custom ROMs you are either going to either be very glad you made a backup, or very sad that you didn't.

Reactions: DeadVim

·
Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
no reboot so far, ill keep checking hopefully that worked, thank you, forgot about even trying that
Wiping cache/dalvik cache is a good housekeeping idea any time you apply a zip in clockworkmod...never hurts (other than resulting in a longer boot time on the first reboot), and almost always helps.

1 - 20 of 211 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.