Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
if you can find a transformer for around the $250 price, i suggest jumping on it ASAP.
as for the TP, i was worth it for me to buy mine (about $170 shipped for 32GB) but i would be hard pressed to pay any more than that. while the thought of android running on it is intriguing, there is no official word on wether it will become a fully functional android tablet. if it does, it will totally be worth the $250 price, if not, i wouldn't pay over $170 for a 16gb. WebOS crippled this amazing hardware so badly, its almost not enjoyable to use.

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
i think the hardware is actually pretty good on it. the build quality seems pretty good other than being scratched fairly easy. the screen is nice and bright, with good viewing angles, colors are a little Dull in comparrison to my thunderbolt. obviously the thing has some serious processing power, but like i said earlier, WebOS is crippling this tablet. i have some slight freezes, adding a tab to the web browser is not as nice/fluent as android and Dolphin (it wont even load the web page in the background) switching between cards is "pretty" but i still think android is faster/smoother at multitasking. switching to a new card and going right to work, that works about 50% of the time. the other 50% usually takes 5-10 seconds for the touch to be recognized.
IMO its worth$170 or $200 (16gb 32gb) but to think people actually spent $400+ on this thing...i would be pissed.

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
"piiman said:
How did they cripple it?
Play with one for a while Nd you will see. Switching to tasks will randomly cause a 5-10 second freeze, opening new browser windows is slow, sometimes the thing doesnt rotate... Just small little quirks that are pretty annoying especially coming from an android phone. Its not terri le, but having 1gb RAM and a dual core processor, thia thing should be faster and have no lag or hesitation. To make it even bettrr i cant read email on it and my OTA caused me to have to web doctor my TP. Pretty awesome....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts