Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
58 Posts
this happened with my first device. it happens to a lesser extent with my new one. verizon "corrected" the problem on the new one by issuing a new sim card, which sort of worked since july, but i'm now seeing the same issue start happening again. do you happen to live on the fringe of your city/town? that was their excuse for my problems at first.

·
Android Apprentice
58 Posts
Rominucka said:
Interesting. So it looks like I'm not the only one having issues with SIM cards and the Charge.
I wonder if it has to do with flashing ROMS while the SIM is still in.
I also wonder if taking the SIM card out a lot would cause it to break. I was switching it out with the Bionic a couple of times this pass week. Could these things be that flimsy?
Today I switched to my 3rd SIM card.
FWIW, my first charge had issues without flashing anything. I took it home from Costco, it updated itself to EE4, rebooted, and then it wouldn't reconnect to the network. Same symptoms with the "new" device recently, change with this one is that I have flashed different ROMs to it. I've yet to be able to get Verizon to do anything but either a. change my SIM or b. offer me another charge. it's super annoying.

re: sim cards - i've used both cingular/att & tmo and i've never once had a sim card fail despite swapping devices like crazy. unless vzw's sims are somehow shittier than the ones used in regular old gsm devices, i can't imagine it'd do anything to them. unless it's the environment or handling or something. who knows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.