Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the 4G upgrade has finally started someone should do a full write up on everything that should be done so moto doesn't notice .....

Thanks

·
Your personal savior & black Jesus
685 Posts
I could be wrong but I don't think Moto cares if you root/ROM. I just returned mine to stock for other reasons but if you're really concerned about it you could always follow the instructions here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1163346

Do a backup so when you get your Xoom back you can re-reroot & pick up where you left off.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I finally got mine back today and I should be happy, but I came home from lunch to find my $800 XOOM sitting on the porch. FedEx dropped it off without requireing a signature. It was leaning up against the outside of my door for everyone walking by to see. I am lucky that it was still there. This is how loyal customers are treated. Horrible service, just plain horrible!

·
Average Android
177 Posts
I backed up my Xoom data/apps, did a factory reset in CW Recovery, and sent it in... I didn't return it to stock or lock the bootloader. I read a long time ago that Moto didn't give a rats azz. I just got mine back this morning and it is just fine.

·
I void warranties.
80 Posts
Caveman419 said:
I finally got mine back today and I should be happy, but I came home from lunch to find my $800 XOOM sitting on the porch. FedEx dropped it off without requireing a signature. It was leaning up against the outside of my door for everyone walking by to see. I am lucky that it was still there. This is how loyal customers are treated. Horrible service, just plain horrible!
I would blame Fedex on that one. It all depends on the driver who is working that route, they can be douchebags sometimes.

·
685 Posts
Caveman419 said:
Mine was outside too. My lady friend also got a package from the USPS and they had the decency to stuff it in to the mailbox. +1 for USPS.

YouthD said:
I would blame Fedex on that one. It all depends on the driver who is working that route, they can be douchebags sometimes.
Yeah.. FedEx people are douchebags. They're just mad they don't work at UPS. :)

Upside to all of this is I got a free dock that I'm sure I'll never use or bring to work & let it sit on my desk.

·
RoboCop
105 Posts
Just got mine back today. Pleased to say everything looks good and is blazing fast. The whole process took 8 days. I got the dock too which a sweet little consolation prize. Now i'm ready to root this beast, anybody try any exploits out after they got the upgrade?

·
685 Posts
I ran through the Xoom Universal Root and worked like a champ. I was able to root & restore in about 10 minutes. I didn't flash back to my ROM but I was able to get all my apps 'n whatnot back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts