Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I wouldn't expect Nexus devices to go to CDMA networks (yes I know sprint has NS4G). Much less the most controlling carrier. You want to see a problem?

That's 2 DX's I'm refusing to accept on the bottom & a Dinc with a broken camera I'm about to box up.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Yeah I saw that while I was eating lunch & I tweeted my rant. Verizon phone choices are some sorry shit right now in comparison to the other big 3. Seems like all they care about are Moto's which makes sense seeing as Moto doesn't like to update & Verizon doesn't either.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
SyNiK4L said:
wtf is going on there?
My Dinc's camera somehow got borked. When I called for a replacement they said the only thing they had comparable was DXes which I don't have time for that headache. So long story short I told them if I open the box & it's a DX I would just send it back until I got an HTC (or whatever is unlockable I have no bias past bootloader).
They must have thought I was kidding because they sent me 2 in a row then they found a refurbished Dinc.

That's my opinion of
bretth18 said:
You wana know a carrier issue? I will tell you the biggest carrier issue there is.
When half of their phone line up are Motos & I don't want one for obvious reasons to us but isn't really an excuse to them.
Also after the first one they offered a D2G & DX2. : (.....

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
moosc said:
so sad. the DX is the best phone on VZW till the Bionic appears. and for updating MOTO is one of the fastest since there skin isn't bloated like HTC
Depends on what you want to do with your set.
About updates it depends on which Moto you get. The only Motos I've seen with halfway decent official support are D1 & DX. Everything else seems to be forgotten after 0 to 1 updates: R2D2, D2, D2G, DPro come to mind & that's just Motos on Verizon. Sometimes it's Verizon pissing in the water though. Like when they gimped D1's 2.2 update so they could say DX was the only capable of wireless tether or withholding the Dinc1's 2.3 so they have a selling point with Dinc2. If you look at who has the best upgrade history across all devices & carriers HTC takes that crown handily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts