Android OS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
The Shadow within Android
562 Posts
Nice topic, took a bit of time to read through it to see what the complaints were.

I do like my Droid X, its my first Android phone as well. I'm locked in a contract for a couple years, so I won't be able to upgrade until 2013 it looks. I got my DX like a week before the DX2 was released. I could have traded it in within that two week period, but I didn't know about it at the time.

I've used Motoblur a little, didn't like it, the bloatware was killing me until I started researching about rooting, learning how its done, then SBF, custom ROMs... all the way to where I'm at now. DX has been a great dev phone and it is a saving point for it, despite a single core processor and 512 MB of RAM. Custom ROMs blow the stock firmware away if you ask me.

Other than that, I don't have any real gripes with Verizon so far. I still prefer Motorola phones compared to Samsung or something currently, and with HTC's battery life on some of their phones being the crap that they are and requiring a backup battery just to continue to function is not my idea when having a phone. I take my friends HTC EVO 4G as an example, considering he'll go through his battery in 5-8 hours before he has to replace it with the backup, and that's from moderate use I believe. I also had a little play with the HTC Sense, but I didn't like it all that much, more so compared to Blur or something.. so I don't see myself getting an HTC phone anytime soon.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts