Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Average Android
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to install gstreamer today and started process on yum extender and I looked over and thought why is this taking so long well for some reason it was pretty much erasing everything on my system :-|.

There is nothing like starting over. I guess moral of story is be cautious and make sure you read everything its planning on doing before you hit go. I didn't because I was installing something not deleting it so not sure exactly what happened.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Helps if you're totally unsure about a config decision to play it out in a virtual machine first. That + use etckeeper + git for normal configuration file stuff that might change version to version.

·
Average Android
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Helps if you're totally unsure about a config decision to play it out in a virtual machine first. That + use etckeeper + git for normal configuration file stuff that might change version to version.
True. It really caught me off guard since I wasn't deleting anything though, would of never thought to try that out before actually moving forward.

But luckily it was my laptop which I use to try different setups and distros and basically just learn on, so I didn't lose anything crucial other than time setting it all back up.

·
Average Android
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like it might be a glitch in fedora 17. 2 of the base packages are showing as broken and when it goes to fix/remove them it removes everything. The system is still functional but not sure how to fix without damaging entire system again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.