Android OS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
397 Posts
Just wanted to thank ya JayKar99, your bootani's keep me entertained with my constant flashing. Your work is definitely sick, thanks man!

·
Boot Builder
634 Posts
awedel, has made some really cool boot animations for the Fascinate... I thought it would be good to put them up here:

Installation instructions: Because of the different kernels you may need to download and rename of this file to either bootanimation.zip or sanim.zip depending on your needs. Then copy to either the system/media or data/local folders on your phone.. This is a link to his dropbox and these files are NOT flash files. Thanks!!

Exploding Planet:

Download

Ninja:

Download

Tunnel:

|| Download

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bigjob they are in an uncompressed zip format (the images are jpg). I made the ninja one for myself (someone else made the graphics). On my Fascinate I am running SC with leankernel and this is what I do

1) make sure to rename bootanimation.zip in data/local if its there. (Something like bootanimation.zip.original)
2) make sure to rename the original sanim.zip in system/media
3)download the file and rename to sanim.zip
4)move to system/media
5)profit

Sent from my Modded, Overclocked, and Customized Fascinate using RootzWiki.

·
Registered
88 Posts
With the help of JaeKar99 I might have figured out how to make these for myself. Directions for install are in the post preceeding this or in the update by JaeKar99 a few posts before that. So here is my first attempt:

Gingerbread Men

Download:
http://dl.dropbox.co...gingerbread.zip

I figured this might be appropriate since a lot of us are still running Gingerbread. This one won't fill your screen, explodingplanet, and tunnel won't either. These latter two are pretty close though. This one is small to avoid bad pixelation.

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
I've never had problems doing this before ?! Simply putting a bootanimation.zip into /system/media always worked on my Mesmerize.

Now I'm on TSM Res. v2, imoseyon,CWM4 and I can't get rid of the Verizon boot animation.

(using SuperManger in R/W mode for copy)
I've copied the bootani as I mentioned.
I've renamed it to sanim.zip. I've used the edify installer.
I've copied bootani to /data/local.

Not sure if it matters but there are bootsamsung & bootsamsungloop.qmg in /system/media.

Any Ideas? this is driving me crazy / crazier

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had this problem for a while if I remember.
1)Try unzipping the edify file. You should then have two files that are extracted... META-Inf and System.
2)Open System and there should be another folder named Media
3)Open Media to find another bootanimation.zip
4)Rename that to sanim.zip and put in the /system/media.

I still have the two samsung files in system/media with no problem.

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
Thanx, I tried what you suggested, still didn't work. It's kind of what I've tried already except for extracting it out of the edify/cwm file.
I think there's something with the TSM resurection v2 thats locking it or something.

·
Android Apprentice
483 Posts
Thanx, I tried what you suggested, still didn't work. It's kind of what I've tried already except for extracting it out of the edify/cwm file.
I think there's something with the TSM resurection v2 thats locking it or something.
i take it that you moved the bootanimation to the root of your card, and then flashed it via CWM? did you download a bootanimation that was labeled EDIFY/ CWM? besides that your kernel must support bootanimations, not all do...TSM 2.0 works well for me as far as flashing boot animations...its definitely not the ROMs fault

·
Registered
88 Posts
i take it that you moved the bootanimation to the root of your card, and then flashed it via CWM? did you download a bootanimation that was labeled EDIFY/ CWM? besides that your kernel must support bootanimations, not all do...TSM 2.0 works well for me as far as flashing boot animations...its definitely not the ROMs fault
I run Imoseyon's LeanKernel which supports it, but I am running SuperClean ROM. What version of LeanKernel are you on Sc0tt777?

·
Registered
124 Posts
For those of you using Imoseyon's Leankernel the files have to be renamed 'sanim.zip'.

Sent from my Sauced Mesmerize using the Rootzwiki App somewhere near BFE.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts