Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Extremely fascinating! As I adapted SlapMyMoto to my Maxx, and had it rooted (did my share of reading as well, but perhaps not as much as you), there is a feasibility this may work for the Ultra line as well. Not that there is a whole lot of room for it, but does safestrap work for flashing a simple ROM? Not a deal breaker in my book, as safestrap is a great alternative recovery in and of itself.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Extremely fascinating! As I adapted SlapMyMoto to my Maxx, and had it rooted with WP off on 4.4 (did my share of reading as well, but perhaps not as much as you), there is a feasibility this may work for the Ultra line as well. Not that there is a whole lot of room for it, but does safestrap work for flashing a simple ROM? Not a deal breaker in my book, as safestrap is a great alternative recovery in and of itself.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Ah very nice getting SlapMyMoto to work on the Maxx, I put the part about reading in the OP because I can't stand people that ask questions in threads on XDA that where clearly mentioned in the OP or in one of the reply's to the thread. Also have no sympathy for people that don't know what their doing then brick their phone and expect Devs or the other members to fix their phone for them.

Now the question of will this Rom work on the Maxx. Since both phones are basically identical internally it theoretically should. It depends if the Maxx has gotten the 4.4.2 update and if it's Kernel and Baseband will work with this Rom, because you want be able to flash the Moto X Kernel to it. I tested the Moto X's 4.4 Kernel and it wouldn't run 4.4.2 and last I heard the Maxx had just gotten 4.4. I don't know what you mean by simple Rom but Safestrap can flash anything to the /system partition it doesn't touch anything else hope that helps.
I would, of course, wait and see if the MAXX gets the same baseband and kernal before starting anything. Yeah, Seeing the same questions over and over and over again were even rubbing me the wrong way! Download has been done for future use! ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts